Distro Help?

anarchtic

Where's the source location for them? Also, every time I try to start X, it throws an error.

You just said "It's broken, how do I fix it?!" lol

You might want to try posting the xorg log file, which is located at /var/log/Xorg.0.log usually, file name may vary.

Man, I'm trying to install FreeBSD, but it's telling me that my Geometry is wrong, and I copied it from what my BIOS says!

Ye, you have a Seagate drive don't you?

I'v noticed this with a couple of Seagate's drives... there is no fix (as far as I can tell) for the problem.

The bottom line really is that your requirements, as far as Linux and *BSD are concerned, are very low. Pretty much *ALL* include a package for Apache, PHP and MySQL. Pretty much *ALL* come with the X.org window environment and if you head on over to themes.freedesktop.org (off the top of my head. Too lazy to check) or some similar site you can make the environment look whatever way that pleases you.

The only thing I would suggest, since you appear to be rather hell-bent on doing everything from the GUI (which is bad, but you'll figure that out eventually yourself), is to work with KDE. It's heavy and takes a while to load, but you'll get a fairly Windows-like experience.

For ease of installation and future maintenance, I would recommend you run any Debian-based Linux (*buntu or just plain Debian plus a ton of others I haven't tried myself).

Man, I'm trying to install FreeBSD, but it's telling me that my Geometry is wrong, and I copied it from what my BIOS says!

Ye, you have a Seagate drive don't you?

I'v noticed this with a couple of Seagate's drives... there is no fix (as far as I can tell) for the problem.

I've got a 40GB WD drive and a 60GB Deathstar.