[Release] 2.1.1 - Codename: Pineosauria Mobilus

Sebkinne

Yeah, you did. Our website isn't pineapple.com though, it's wifipineapple.com.

Edit: http://www.isup.me/cloud.wifipineapple.com

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Lol, what a retard i am...

Thanks a lot Seb.

About new firmware...

Is there any good news about sslstrip, better dnsspoof or better stuff for pentest?

Edit: congratulations for this update! It's amazing how works PineAP Suite. More speed and stability, thanks guys!!!

Edited by daniboy92

Lol, what a retard i am...

Thanks a lot Seb.

About new firmware...

Is there any good news about sslstrip, better dnsspoof or better stuff for pentest?

Happens to all of us ;)

All the changes / additions we have made can be found in the changelog on the first page.

In regards to a better dnsspoof, we are still working on our MITM proxy which will hopefully be released before the end of the year.

Otherwise, we'll soon have a hangout where we will discuss future features.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Happens to all of us ;)

All the changes / additions we have made can be found in the changelog on the first page.

In regards to a better dnsspoof, we are still working on our MITM proxy which will hopefully be released before the end of the year.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hey Seb,

Hope you have been well. Thank you for the early Christmas Present! :) I was interested in seeing if a MITM proxy was capable of running on the pineapple. I came acroos the MITMf over at https://github.com/byt3bl33d3r/MITMf/ based on sergio-proxy, and the dev has been really active over the past month. I raised a ticket to see if the dev was interested in seeing if this could run on the MK V. Here is the link to the ticket with the devs replies: https://github.com/byt3bl33d3r/MITMf/issues/31 .

I only just noticed you were already working on one which is great news. The MITMf dev seemed interested in porting this over though (He also owns a MK V), but ran into trouble due to missing libs. Would you be interested in helping port this project onto your firmware?

Edited by mw3demo

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 2.1.1 from 1.4. Had to do this manually as the Wifi Pineapple MK5 tile wasn't seeing new firmware. Everything flashed okay, but I forgot to wipe the SD card before I did the flash, and it picked up my old infusions. Blew those away, but now I cannot see any infusion options in the Pineapple Bar tab. Clicking "show" shows just the headers and no options. There's all this new GUI stuff to play with and I can't get any of it! =(

Yes, I already restored the Mk5 to factory defaults after the flash and SD reformat. What gives?

Updated to 2.1.1 from 1.4. Had to do this manually as the Wifi Pineapple MK5 tile wasn't seeing new firmware. Everything flashed okay, but I forgot to wipe the SD card before I did the flash, and it picked up my old infusions. Blew those away, but now I cannot see any infusion options in the Pineapple Bar tab. Clicking "show" shows just the headers and no options. There's all this new GUI stuff to play with and I can't get any of it! =(

Yes, I already restored the Mk5 to factory defaults after the flash and SD reformat. What gives?

As two other threads on the forum state, there were issue swith our DNS, causing errors. These have now been resolved.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

also, the video you did back in May for mobile broadband had a rather full list on the wiki of supported devices. The link in the infusion tab (http://wifipineapple.com/modems) gives me a 404, and the wiki seems to have nothing about mobile devices now. Trying to see if support for additional 4G sticks has been added.

check this :

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!compatible_modems.md

Happens to all of us ;)

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hey seb! Is there still chance to see a release before the end of the year? :-D

Hey seb! Is there still chance to see a release before the end of the year? :-D

Sadly not. We just finished work on the deauth module of PineAp and are now focusing on finishing the proxy.

There are still a few design decisions we have to make regarding the proxy, as it has the potential to be highly configurable and replace DNSSpoof. It can also do selective proxying on a per client basis, etc.

We still have a little way to go, but it's our main focus now.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

I have a couple of quirks I'd like to address, not sure if they're local to me or not. With the most recent firmware, my red LED does not come on when wlan1 is brought up like the blue one does for wlan0, and the SD card is not mounted from what I can tell. df doesn't list the sd card, mount doesn't list it as mounted. I have /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 devices, as well as /dev/sdcard/sd and /dev/sdcard/sd1 devices, but manual mount on both of these fail with "Invalid argument." I have reflashed a few times, with no change. Has anyone else had these quirks, or am I just missing something?

Edit: Formatted the SD card and it works now. The LED still doesn't come on when wlan1 is brought up, and now I'm noticing auto harvester isn't working, as I would expect. I turn on PineAP and Auto Harvester, expecting it to pick up on the local APs and add them to the SSID management list, but I'm not seeing anything added. Am I missing something?

Edited by TGYK