What Featues do What in 2.0.0

ZaraByte

Features I figured out in 2.0.0 you're welcome to add your list here as well.

SSID Management: This section found under the PineAP

What that section is for is for you to setup networks you want to clone?

Basically You can use the Reconnaissance to add networks you want to clone simply click on the Infusions link it will drop down the Reconnaissance

Reconnaissance you can scan for networks around you their will be a green link if you click on it it should ask you if you wanna add it to the SSID Management list. You can also add your own SSID's if you want.

You may need to have Dogma enabled feel free to correct me if im wrong but i believe Dogma makes the SSID names from SSID Management open for broadcasting?

So lets say you added hak5 to the SSID Management that SSID will show up as a network around you that the Pineapple redirects to it so if anyone connected to that hak5 SSID name they'd be connecting to the pineapple.

Rest of the features im still trying to figure out welcome to share the features you learned or think you understand and correct me of stuff i might be wrong on.

currently when it comes to using new features you're pretty much on your own to figure them out that's what hackers do they play around with stuff to see how they work. I'm sure they will get some videos out before i will but i try to release videos when i can on how to use features.

Check the WiFi Pineapple University part on the forum for videos members have done you can also check out http://hak5.org/category/episodes/pineapple-university for videos hak5 has done on the Pineapple.

We did what was possible at the time - sorry it didn't work out like we wanted it to.

Darren and myself are going to have a live hangout on air on Wednesday or Thursday which will cover all the new features in detail. Before then, I will have a proper, in depth changelog up.

I'm currently traveling back home, so I won't be able to do any of this for the next 24h.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Well maybe with knowing what the features are i can work on a video on how to use then :D

We did what was possible at the time - sorry it didn't work out like we wanted it to.

Darren and myself are going to have a live hangout on air on Wednesday or Thursday which will cover all the new features in detail. Before then, I will have a proper, in depth changelog up.

I'm currently traveling back home, so I won't be able to do any of this for the next 24h.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

I need to revise pineapple university now with 2.0 out. Likewise Seb and I will be doing a proper release hangout to go over the new features. Sorry the defcon stream was so bad. The network was, well, defconned.

We appreciate what you guys did with the resources you had. Thanks for all the hard work and safe travels back home.

It was supposed to be a "clean" ethernet drop. We might have had better luck with LTE.

Heh, when I was at defcon 2 years ago you had to walk about two blocks from the Rio to get any decent cell signal. They really need to add a few more towers or micro towers to the hotels.

Heh, when I was at defcon 2 years ago you had to walk about two blocks from the Rio to get any decent cell signal. They really need to add a few more towers or micro towers to the hotels.

The LTE was surprisingly fast and consistent. The Feds and GSM hackers have really upped their QoS game from previous years.

I was driving the van around the Rio last year at defcon 21 and dialing my girlfriend for the obligatory "I made it there safely" call. When ringing I got a ton of static, then it clicked and we were connected but the call quality was that of a 90's era analog cellular phone. Needless to say we gave the eavesdroppers something to smile about.