Mark V Pineapple doesn't recognize USB for Infusions

ACECORP

My Mark V Pineapple doesn't recognize my USB drive as an available location to save Infusions,

I have installed and formatted a SanDisk 16 GB MicroSD card in my Mark V pineapple.

I also formatted a Kingston USB Stick and installed that into the USB slot.

The MicroSD Card is available as a valid location to which I can install infusions to, but the USB Stick does not. Appear as a valid choice where I can install infusions to.

I am hoping that someone can help me with the objectives listed below:

(1) Verify that the USB Stick is recognized by the pineapple's OS post format​

(2) Determine if any additional configuration steps must be performed to make the USB Stick become a valid location to install infusions while also keeping the MicroSD

working as a valid location so that I can install infusions to either the MicroSD Card or the USB Stick.

The contents of the fstab config are shown below (I do not know if the fstab needs to be edited to fix the issue?)

The USB is formatted in EXT4 and is appears as BUS001 Device004: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp. Kingston DataTraveler under attached USB devices.

fstab1a.jpg

The screenshot below shows how the MicroSD Card storage is an option but not the USB.

sdcard.jpg

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ACECORP and welcome to the forums!

First of all, thank you for such a long and detailed post regarding your issues - we don't see that enough here. Sadly, the answer to your question is rather simple:

The WiFi pineapple MKV does not permit USB infusions. It will only do internal / sd card infusions.

We made this decision after a lot of feedback from our testers, saying it would be complicated to keep track of the different places infusions can be installed to. Ideally, we would never run out of internal storage and just have them all be installed internally, but as internal storage is limited, we have to add the sd card.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I would check, but I don't have my Pineapple here (at work) atm. Is it possibly to copy an infusion (well, any file, really) from USB to SD from the Pineapple's web interface?

It would add a few steps to the installation procedure but could neatly solve ACECORP's problem.

I would check, but I don't have my Pineapple here (at work) atm. Is it possibly to copy an infusion (well, any file, really) from USB to SD from the Pineapple's web interface?

It would add a few steps to the installation procedure but could neatly solve ACECORP's problem.

The only issue I see described is the fact that you cannot save infusions to USB. And that is intended.

Edit: To make it clear, adding USB support would not be hard for infusions, but it was left out intentionally because of the feedback we received.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

While we are on this topic..........Maybe I should start another thread........

If I add something from opkg, or maybe something like wifight........how exactly do I send it to the SD card, instead of internally?