Great customer svc w/HakShop

StringJunky

I ordered a Mark V in early January, and couldn't connect to the UI out of the box. Posted about it here:

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31580-first-boot-setup-failure/

A few days later I sent an email to HakShop describing the issue, and after a little coordination they shipped me a new one. Got it in the mail tonight, went through the first boot process, and was logged in within 10 minutes of opening the box. Now I just need to dig through the tutorials for this guy.

Thanks for taking care of it in such a timely manner, HakShop!

I really hate to be the one telling this here. But after a week I still haven't got a replay for my bricked pineapple.

Last week after working for 2 months it stopped (just green and amber lights)

I tried factory reset and the unbrick guide with no success.

I mailed the shop last Friday but still got no answer.

Big vouch here for CS!!! I got my MK5 for Christmas and I had an issue I thought had been resolved but it reappeared a week or so ago. Hak5 is going to replace it for me!! Way over the 30 day policy but my issue has been well documented here https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31364-cant-get-mk5-working/ so I got the green light for a replacement!

Little update apparently I mailed to the wrong e-mail address. This was my mistake.

I received a e-mail back with a link to the return policy page.

And if I could send my pineapple back.

This sucks because I live in holland.

If I need to send it back it would cost 30-50 euro.

I find this a lot of money.

Especially since it only 2 months old.

Last Friday I sent a e-mail to technical support. But I haven't received any response back.

Regards,

Robbert

Edited by Nextria

Still haven't heard anything about a replacement.

I read more and more of the same problem!

Is this a bad batch ? Can it be checked with the serial number?

I really want to have a answer before I buy anything else from the haK5 shop.

Still haven't heard anything about a replacement.

I read more and more of the same problem!

Is this a bad batch ? Can it be checked with the serial number?

I really want to have a answer before I buy anything else from the haK5 shop.

It's unlikely to be a bad batch, we'd get many more reports.

About the email, please email shop@hak5.org and quote this thread + what Darren said.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

It's unlikely to be a bad batch, we'd get many more reports.

About the email, please email shop@hak5.org and quote this thread + what Darren said.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hey Sebkinne,

Just send a email. I hope we can get to some agreement.

I really like the pineapple, it worked great for couple of weeks.

regards

Nextria

How do you know ?

Because I know the size of our batches, I know that people that bought the pineapple that have had this issue bought it sometimes weeks apart and I know there are under a handful of people that have actually had this issue because of a hardware fault. They are outliers that happened to report the issue at the same time. Also, as I know all these facts, I also know that if it were a bad batch, we would have more reports. Our instructions say to use the ethernet port to set up and boot your pineapple for the first time. If this didn't work, our inbox would be overflowing.

As I said in a different thread, please contact shop@hak5.org for a replacement. As it is a hardware failure, it will be replaces without a charge.

Anyway, this is not really on topic. I'm going to lock it as it has greatly deviated from the original title. Anyone wanting to add anything, please create a new thread or PM me.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne