Problem with flashing over Serial PLZ HELP

Iv'e done every step by step to do a clean flash over TTL UART OVER SERIAL because iv'e bricked it.
Iv'e set the local area connection to iP 192.168.2.11 for the pinapple Iv'e set the same IP on Tftpd server.
Iv'e set up putty right, serial line COM3 speed 115200, even in the serial tab flow control none.
but putty is where i'm having a problem. once i open it i choosed 1, then i open Trtpd64 server
I set my server interface to 192.168.2.11 change my dir to the factory files

i run in putty

"setenv bootargs "board=ALFA console=ttyATH0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd"
"saveenv"
"tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin" < this is where i get stuck!

putty say's

ar7240> tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin
eth0 link down
FAIL
dup 1 speed 1000
Using eth1 device
TFTP from server "192.168.2.100";<(problem it should be 192.168.2.11) our IP address is 192.168.2.1
Filename 'kernel.bin'.
Load address: 0x80600000
Loading: T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again
eth0 link down
FAIL

I can't get Putty to use the 192.168.2.11 it try's to connect to 192.168.2.100. on Putty
Iv'e tried everything i can think of

PLZ HELP THNKS ALOT (I miss playing around with my Wifi pineapple I was learning alot)

I have set everything up right put for some reason putty will not connect to the Tftpd64 server,

Iv'e ever tried to set the pineapple to the ip that putty's trying to connect to " 192.168.2.100" still no luck, it just wont connect to the server.

IF ANYBODY HAS A IDEA HOW TO HELP ME FLASH MY PINEAPPLE OVER Serial IT WOULD MEAN ALOT TO ME THNKS

post-42627-0-12424600-1363114951_thumb.p

Problem with flashing over Serial PLZ HELP

Iv'e done every step by step to do a clean flash over TTL UART OVER SERIAL because iv'e bricked it.

Iv'e set the local area connection to iP 192.168.2.11 for the pinapple Iv'e set the same IP on Tftpd server.

Iv'e set up putty right, serial line COM3 speed 115200, even in the serial tab flow control none.

but putty is where i'm having a problem. once i open it i choosed 1, then i open Trtpd64 server

I set my server interface to 192.168.2.11 change my dir to the factory files

i run in putty "setenv bootargs "board=ALFA console=ttyATH0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd"

"saveenv"

"tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin" < this is where i get stuck!

putty say's

ar7240> tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin

eth0 link down

FAIL

dup 1 speed 1000

Using eth1 device

TFTP from server "192.168.2.100";<(problem it should be 192.168.2.11) our IP address is 192.168.2.1

Filename 'kernel.bin'.

Load address: 0x80600000

Loading: T T T T T T T T T T

Retry count exceeded; starting again

eth0 link down

FAIL

I can't get Putty to use the 192.168.2.11 it try's to connect to 192.168.2.100. on Putty

Iv'e tried everything i can think of

PLZ HELP THNKS ALOT (I miss playing around with my Wifi pineapple I was learning alot)

I have set everything up right put for some reason putty will not connect to the Tftpd64 server,

Iv'e ever tried to set the pineapple to the ip that putty's trying to connect to " 192.168.2.100" still no luck, it just wont connect to the server.

IF ANYBODY HAS A IDEA HOW TO HELP ME FLASH MY PINEAPPLE OVER Serial IT WOULD MEAN ALOT TO ME THNKS

Read the wiki again to make sure everything is correctly setup, and in the tftpd program, you can select what IP to use from the dropdown... I recommend following the video on the wiki if your new to flashing, it makes it easier to understand a lil'

-Foxtrot

Read the wiki again to make sure everything is correctly setup, and in the tftpd program, you can select what IP to use from the dropdown... I recommend following the video on the wiki if your new to flashing, it makes it easier to understand a lil'

-Foxtrot

Yes i have watched it many time's and i'm still getting stuck at the part of putty not connecting to the Tftpd server

So.. if your bootloader tries to get it at 192.168.2.100 have you tried setting your IP to that instead of .11?

I mean sure, you can change it to listen to 192.168.2.11 but I see no reason to. Just set your IP to .100.

I'll try to set it to 192.168.2.11. But yea iv'e already tried to set it to .100 but i'm geting the same error

I'll try to set it to 192.168.2.11. But yea iv'e already tried to set it to .100 but i'm geting the same error

This whole process is a bit of a pain in Windows - often there is a "fight" about IP addresses with the tftp server.

I recommend doing it through a machine/vm running linux.

This whole process is a bit of a pain in Windows - often there is a "fight" about IP addresses with the tftp server.

I recommend doing it through a machine/vm running linux.

Yea i'm going to do that, could you send me to the right thread to do that. thnks for the help

You could use Winagents TFTP server here instead of TFTPd. Video link on how to set it up here. Disclaimer: I didn't actually test it on the pineapple(to lazy to re-flash it again) but did test it locally, works good.

Edited by TylerCPU