Pineapple Mark IV Problem with Sandisk Cruzer Fit from the Hak5 shop

th3_e5c@p15t

I am getting the following error from the Pineapple in the logs whenever I plug in the Sandisk Cruzer Fit 4 GB from the Hak Shop in the device. I formatted the drive and setup the partitions correctly as per the manual, and I am getting the following error from the Pineapple logs when I plug the drive in. I am running Firmware 2.7.0

00:16:24 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 984.190000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
00:16:09 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 969.070000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 6 using ehci-platform
00:15:57 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 957.960000] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
00:15:57 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 957.850000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:15:52 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 952.720000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:15:47 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 947.690000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
00:15:47 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 947.460000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:15:42 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 942.330000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:15:37 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 937.300000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
00:15:37 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 937.070000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
00:15:21 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 921.840000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
00:15:06 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 906.720000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
00:15:06 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 906.490000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145

Hakshop 4gb fit will NOT work without 12v power to pineapple. What a cock up...

Sorry dude, but I call BS right there.

I am running the 4gb fit over 5v USB directly from my laptop and it runs great. Saying it only works on 12V is just wrong. If this is the case for you, there might be some hardware issues.

I agree that the fit has had many issues (not the hakshop's fault though) as the company making them has not done a great job it seems. They have had numerous issues with their devices - not only the fit.

Hakshop 4gb fit will NOT work without 12v power to pineapple. What a cock up...

This isn't EXACTLY true. Most people have found that the Sandisk Fit 4gb sold in the Hakshop will NOT work with the pineapple juice, over a laptop or computer USB, and other power sources (I've discovered it won't work using most cigarette lighter USB adapters either), it does work with battery packs such as the Anker that output a much higher source of amps than typical USB.

Sorry dude, but I call BS right there.

I am running the 4gb fit over 5v USB directly from my laptop and it runs great. Saying it only works on 12V is just wrong. If this is the case for you, there might be some hardware issues.

I agree that the fit has had many issues (not the hakshop's fault though) as the company making them has not done a great job it seems. They have had numerous issues with their devices - not only the fit.

You are correct that the device manufacturing is not Hakshop's fault, I find it questionable that the Hakshop would continue to sell a product that is known to have issues with different power supplies. I too was disappointed when I learned the hard way that my hard earned money was wasted on a device that should have worked well together. I believe the device should be pulled from the shop as this type of customer service does not bode well with most people.

I guess we just see a lot of very different results from different people. Usually, if it works for someone, you will not find out about it. If it doesn't, people will mention it. That is why I am not so surprised at the number of people that have said it doesn't work. However, I can't speak for the hakshop as to the choice of USB manufacturer.

Saying that, I have NEVER had any issues with any type of USB stick. I did have one of the fits go into read only mode, but that is 1/4 that have been in use 5+ months now. I usually power the pineapple (during development) over the 2.0 USB port on my laptop. It works great.

As I said, this is the way it is with most products. If something works well, people don't usually complain ;)

Bump* @Newbie . and maybe some micro sd upgrades in the shop or like bulk buy microsd

and yeha mines been working fine in all of my computers. mac included.... I am about to format it for the pineapple!! ahh im excited... ill let you know what happens...

Edited by Bigsneaky

You are correct that the device manufacturing is not Hakshop's fault, I find it questionable that the Hakshop would continue to sell a product that is known to have issues with different power supplies. I too was disappointed when I learned the hard way that my hard earned money was wasted on a device that should have worked well together. I believe the device should be pulled from the shop as this type of customer service does not bode well with most people.

You're right, we need to update the FAQ to state that we found out the 4GB flashdrives aren't as satisfactory as we had first tested.

However, with that said, if you feel that your money was wasted we do offer returns within 60 days for a refund, no problems.

• 5 months later...

Hey there, just getting a handle on the SanDisk / Pineapple Juice issue. A lot of forum catching up having been on the road. Something changed since we first introduced the bundle as we specifically picked both the i3200 and 4GB for compatibility. We're working on a solution now. We absolutely by no means intend to deceive and we stand by our products. We've pulled the bundles for now and are back to the lab testing both new and old batches of the SanDisk and Pineapple Juice packs, firmware versions, etc. Email us at shop@hak5.org if you're having an issue with your bundle and we'll get you sorted just as soon as we have a solution.