xp themes

Chalito

I tried this back in the day but soon gave up on themes and such for one simple reason. They eat resources like a hog. I'm the guy who runs a solid color background to save memory.

That said if anything has changed in that department I may be willing to give it a try, but then again I'd probably be more apt to install a complete shell replacement like lightstep.

I tried this back in the day but soon gave up on themes and such for one simple reason. They eat resources like a hog. I'm the guy who runs a solid color background to save memory.

That said if anything has changed in that department I may be willing to give it a try, but then again I'd probably be more apt to install a complete shell replacement like lightstep.

I run windowblinds and according to my task manager, it uses a whopping 2,300 K. Nothing compaired to ff (around 40,000K) or even zone alarm (4,000K).

I wasn't really aware that the skins even used system resources. I haven't seen any notable difference in they way my pc preforms...yet lol. I had been looking for new scins for my windows box because i'm use to hving a crap load of different skins on my linux box. Thats why linux owns. It's just so easy to customize.

The theme hack I showed uses resources based on the theme in question. Since it uses no additional programs its fairly light, if you use a simple theme like hmmxp (just looks like a cleaner, more modern version of the standard windows interface). Even with the vista-esq themes its not that bad for resources. However, if you choose to use some massivly complex theme, with loads of effects, its never going to be that fast.

i use stylexp but have it set so it turns off once the theme is loaded/ put on ...

so this way it pretty much uses no recources.

as for wot sort of theme : i am a big chaninja fan :D

i used to use rc4

currently using a rc5 (also available for windows blinds), it even comes with different colors :P

original is akira(red) i'm useing balloo(dark blue-purple-ish)

u can also find him on diviantart :

http://chaninja.deviantart.com/

ChaNinja_Style_RC5.jpg

mine :

dsk.png