Dell Laptops Strike Again

Matt {Undead}

This is why I tell people not to buy dells. Even though their 100-200 bucks cheaper than HP's, compaqs, whatever: In the end, you get what you pay for.

I've had a Dell for 3 years and haven't had any problems with it. I think Dell just needs to get a new battery vendor ASAP

This is why I tell people not to buy dells. Even though their 100-200 bucks cheaper than HP's, compaqs, whatever: In the end, you get what you pay for.

I've had a Dell for 3 years and haven't had any problems with it. I think Dell just needs to get a new battery vendor ASAP

Ok, you're right. The majority of people who buy dells get good machines. I just don't like them because I've seen so many go down in front of my own eyes. Mainly due in part to their users' lack of computer care knowledge.

Ok, you're right. The majority of people who buy dells get good machines. I just don't like them because I've seen so many go down in front of my own eyes. Mainly due in part to their users' lack of computer care knowledge.

That's true. I've seen the same thing with all sorts of computers, Dells include. All I know is I wouldn't touch a Dell Desktop with a 10 foot pole

Haven't apple laptops been randomly blowing up for years now?

in this instance its not "get what you paid for" but "Haha! You bought a Mac!" :twisted: if i get a dell, i got it free / really cheap, and if you have reinstall CDs at the ready their usable

Second!

I've grown up on Dells, my dad's business is completely run on dells, every computer newer than say 10 years is a dell. I've always found them to be dependable with little or no problems. I'm on a Dell refurb laptop right now, and it has never, ever, ever given me any problems.

This thread smacks of Brand Whoring. Dell and Apple aren't the only companies that are using Sony batteries. The people who publicize and complain about their computers are going to be more noticable these days, and due to the percentage of Dell products out there, it's more likely that the complaint will be about Dell.

The products that Dell makes are pretty damn nice. When a product is made of so many products from other companies, a problem like this is bound to make things difficult. But I don't see how it justifies sumarily ranking an entire company as 'crap'.