Which Instant Messenger Service Is Most Used ?

film

I believe Trillion does that.

Trillian is a multiprotocol instant messaging application for Windows created by Cerulean Studios that can connect to multiple IM programs from one client, such as AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Bonjour, Jabber, and Skype networks (the latter four with Trillian Pro which allows for additional plugins).

I Think There Should be one where you can add people from all differant Instant Messangers instead of having to download about 10 differant ones

In addition to trillian already mentioned there are many that does, my favourite is Miranda. It allows you to have it as minimalistic and small as possible without it being a console app.

Gaim is good if a little buggy on windows. I used to use MSN (not MSN messanger) with Gaim. I have recently changed my name to "If you want to talk to me I'm on Google Talk", becasue the poeple who I actualy would want to speak to use google talk, and the most anoying people in the world exsist on MSN. MSN is instent messanger equivilent of MySpace.

MSN service is craptaculare. I'll write 10 or so messages, then 10 minuets later it shouts at me "All these messages you send 10 minuets ago never got there, and now the user is offline". So, I finaly had enough and stopped using it.

it depends on where you are and you your friends are. MSN is huge in Canada, ICQ and YIM are much much less popular, and AIM and gTalk are barely used at all.

Conversely, from what I hear, AIM is huge in the US and MSN is much less popular.

In terms of social networking sites and IM networks, people tend to use what their friends are using.

It does it's job with MSN, I like it. I hate all first party IM clients. Plus I use linux!

I use linux as well, but there is better IM's for linux then gaim, aMSN is meant to be good, i havent tryed it yet, at the moment im using Kopete. I just found gaim was buggy, it wouldnt block contacts for me

I have Yahoo, aim, msn and gtalk, but i rarely use aim and yahoo, cause everyone i dont like to tlak to is on aim, yahoo. that and i dont like their messageing clients, i have msn cause mostly everyone i know is on msn and uses that the most, so thus im on msn messenger way more often. its a way to talk to people, even if i dont like it that much.

I use the official MSN client on Windows and Mac (though I'm hardly ever online)... I've not really had much of an issue with it besides the odd hiccup when the servers screw up but that's quite rare these days...

I do believe MSN will can add Yahoo! Y!IM friends now so that sorts the problem of friends being on Yahoo!...

I pretty much only use IRC these days though, so much cleaner, faster, easier to talk to many people at once and best of all (most clients have) no emoticons of nudges or similar annoyances!