Hak.5 themed game

cooper

As it seems there are a couple of coders on this board with an interest in doing something fun together, and maybe learn interested parties a thing or two about coding, the question becomes what we could code. Obviously the most harmless thing to make would be a game.

So what would be a fun game to make/play that has a Hak.5 theme to it? Think up a cool concept.

Here's one: HakMan

PacMan starring Darren or Wess, except the ghosts are feds (what graphics would be used is something that we'd have to think about) and those 'run faster and kill feds' things in the maze are boxes of Haxorflakes.

Alternatively/additionally, HakGirl, which would feature Alli.

Some one should make a web playable version of that cludo game. It could be coded in PHP (admitadly I don't have the nessasery skills (to pay them bills), but I can understand the conept). Unfortunatly it will requier some clientside scripting but only to receive information from the server, which will simply be where the other player has moved to and what they are guessing at etc.

I think the Hak5 Cludo idea (or some derivative there of) has a lot of potential, especially in its scalability. Also, the variety of challenges that it may present (depending on how in depth the project goes) would give people a chance to experience different aspects of development, not only writing code, but software design/architecture, testing, etc.

*edit*

Link to the snake tutorial, with in depth explanation:

http://www.strille.net/tutorials/snake/index.php

"Hack the Gibson/Evil Server"

It turns out that Evil Server is in fact a Gibson, which is involved in a most evil plot to frame innocent hackers for capsizing oil tankers all over the world. In a desperate bid to stop him, characters from Hak.5 zoom around inside the Gibson/Evil Server using VR googles through a dialup modem at a NY subway and attempt to retrieve the right garbage file to prove their innocence. While unleashing things like a Cookie Monster virus on the way and trying to avoid the insidious The Plague.

Actually maybe we shouldn't perpetuate that movie, Cludo sounds good.

Dude, the goal is a simple game. Like what Metatron created here: something an experienced coder can whip together in an hour, with very little code to make it easy to explain to those not particularly familiar with programming how it's done.

Creating a first person shooter is a rather tough assignment, even for those with ample programming experience.

Weird, thought I'd posted a reply to this topic but obviously haven't. Was going to say that I apply my knowledge to scientific programming only. I have no idea about the kind of interactive system hypothesised here. Which means I'd like to have a look at the code if it does get done eventually, if it's in a language I'm familiar with.

Why code a game? Games are fearly easy to do. Why not code a tool up that willl allow you to "make" a computer mod/circut board or what ever (like being able to test that air hockey project out in with out actually buying the magnets and shit) THe tool could also have a plugin kind of thing to allow you to make your own parts if you want.

I would be more interested in helping to code something like that then a game.

Dude, the goal is a simple game. Like what Metatron created here

Simple! Who needs simple!

if its a simple project you dont need a team, why have five people coding something that one person could code in a few hours?