Making Money From Home, Is This Real Or A Scam?

Infiltrator

Hi,

Has anyone ever signed with a website like this. Or is this actually a scam, to try to get people to enter their credit card details.

I mean it looks very promising, working from home and making nearly $6000.00 a month.

But there is a voice inside my head telling me not to do it. I even faked some of my credit card numbers, to see if they would accept it but didn't work.

So what do you guys think?

http://www.news7dailyjobs.com/?t202id=630303&t202kw=cpa

If you check that site from whois, you find that that domain is registerd only for 2 years, and

Registrant:

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: THEFREEBUCKET.COM

Created on: 23-Jul-09

Expires on: 23-Jul-11

Last Updated on: 30-Jun-10

Administrative Contact:

Private, Registration THEFREEBUCKET.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration THEFREEBUCKET.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

They aren't giving any real information about owners.

If you check domain registered date, 23-Jul-09, and date from picture of check on http://www.news7dailyjobs.com/?t202id=630303&t202kw=cpa ,

January 25 2008.

So it might really ba a scam, (or they changed domain.)

What info they ask from you.

You should not give you "main" credit card number, but create a new account to some bank, get credit card for account you just created. Perhaps you should tell your bank not to give you loan etc. whit out asking it from their office.

Then if its a scam tell your bank to close you account. Then your credit card number is useless for that site. OR could they still do a identity theft?

These people used to show up in ads all the time on sites with 3rd party advertising. I've even seen them in ads on my own site through my advertisers. They have a ton of sites our there that claim the same thing, even ones that say "as seen on television" "mom works at home, makes $7197/month from google ads" stuff like that. Its all garbage. They always show people holding pictures of checks, but I've followed a few of these ads before and all the sites give the same slogan with various names attached to the ads and checks for the same amount asking you to send money for how to do it yourself. Anything that asks you to send money to make money is going to be a scam. If it was legit, you would see it in a book or video in stores and people would all be talking about it, but the fact that you only see these things online makes one wonder, how many people fall for these scams.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=google+ad+money+check&btnG=Search

edit:

Found another link about the scam, he bring sup some good points, but I didn't compare them to the site you linked to:

http://electronplumber.com/marys-money-blog-the-google-biz-kit-earn-fast-cash-with-google-and-my-internet-payday-double-scams/

Edited by digip

I also seen a email virus that does the same thing, it controls your email contacts and sends a msg to others talking about earning money from home and such. If it sounds too good to be true it probuly is. If you got that in a email then who ever sent it too you should check their pc, or you can check it for them if you want to be nice :)

i say scam too;

i mean, it reads :

Have You Ever Considered Working Online?

Kelly Richards of Cluj-napoca never thought she would have a job working at home until one day she filled out a simple form online.

I am from Cluj-Napoca and Kelly Richards is not a name that you find in our country. They seem try too much to adapt to your city, and that can slip from them.

Which reminds me of a rather funny joke; luckily I found it here.

Thought so and no I will never disclose any real information about myself. The credit card thing, was only a test I did to find out more about the website.

Another thing I noticed, was whenever I entered a fake credit card number, the website warned me about the cradit card numbers not being valid. I then checked my email to see if I had received any notifications from the website and to my supprise nothing arrived.

Furthermore the website supports HTTPS, the interesting thing tough was the SSL certificate, did not state by whom it was issued, it only stated that it supported 256 bits of encryption nothing else.

Its amazing how this fucking scammers are getting so sophisticate and how important it is for users to be alerted of these issues.

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Yeah, It does sounds too good to be true but until someone come forward providing enough evidence to convince me that they made money from this website, it will continue a scam. I would say the Nigerians or the Chinese are behind all this.

i have seen people put work into setting up a blog adding google adsence to it and making $500 a month. But you have to get people to your site which is the trick

i have seen people put work into setting up a blog adding google adsence to it and making $500 a month. But you have to get people to your site which is the trick

Was thinking in doing that, but when I read the content policy it turned me down.

They said it must not contain any illegal content, such as hacking.

Well I do not plan on providing illegal contents, I plan on doing something similar to IronGeek, Security Info or Hak5.

Do you think that would be in direct violation of Google's terms and Agreements?

Was thinking in doing that, but when I read the content policy it turned me down.

They said it must not contain any illegal content, such as hacking.

Well I do not plan on providing illegal contents, I plan on doing something similar to IronGeek, Security Info or Hak5.

Do you think that would be in direct violation of Google's terms and Agreements?

Its not called hacking, consider it being called computer security and you should be allright. Nothing is illegal about that.

Try out a blog if you want, before building a site, it offers free hosting.

Its not called hacking, consider it being called computer security and you should be allright. Nothing is illegal about that.

Try out a blog if you want, before building a site, it offers free hosting.

Good point, I shall do that!

Now is there any fees involved when signing up with Google Ads.

At what point would they start charging you?

Good point, I shall do that!

Now is there any fees involved when signing up with Google Ads.

At what point would they start charging you?

A lot of times when you sign up for a hosting service they offer you a $50 google adsense credit, you can use that until you need to put in more money.

(If you want too) I used to bank off of my old Google adsense with my old domain name around 150/month, but that was with a lot of hits, it is not easy to get that much traffic like I had.

A lot of times when you sign up for a hosting service they offer you a $50 google adsense credit, you can use that until you need to put in more money.

(If you want too) I used to bank off of my old Google adsense with my old domain name around 150/month, but that was with a lot of hits, it is not easy to get that much traffic like I had.

$150.00 dollars not bad at all, obviously the more hit your website gets the more I assume you would make.

That's what I want to get out of my website. Anywayz, how much would Google Ads charge you per month?

Edited by Infiltrator

Adsense revenue is very small in reality. I've had ads on my site since August or September, and only earned like $35.00. You need massive traffic and clicks. Traffic alone doesn't get you money, its clicks that generate the real revenue. Traffic alone only accounts to pennies for like so many thousands of impressions, which is nothing. Unless people are clicking the ads, you won't really be making any money.

By the way, here is how AdSense pays out -

How payments work

AdSense payments are made on a monthly schedule. If your account balance reaches $100.00 in any month, we'll send your payment before the end of the following month, provided there are no holds on your account. For example, if your account balance reaches the payment threshold during November, we'll send you a payment at the end of December.

So if people hit $100 or more, Google sends them a check. This is why I laugh when you see people holding checks that say $100,000 from Google ads. They would need thousands upon thousands of clicks with ads across hundreds of sites to generate that kind of revenue.

Edited by digip

Adsense revenue is very small in reality. I've had ads on my site since August or September, and only earned like $35.00. You need massive traffic and clicks. Traffic alone doesn't get you money, its clicks that generate the real revenue. Traffic alone only accounts to pennies for like so many thousands of impressions, which is nothing. Unless people are clicking the ads, you won't really be making any money.

By the way, here is how AdSense pays out -

So if people hit $100 or more, Google sends them a check. This is why I laugh when you see people holding checks that say $100,000 from Google ads. They would need thousands upon thousands of clicks with ads across hundreds of sites to generate that kind of revenue.

Is there usually any fees for subscribing or using the service?

Since I've never used Google Adsense before, I am just a little curious how the whole Google AdSense works?

Thank you again and your responses are much appreciated.

I would say the Nigerians or the Chinese are behind all this.

Thats about if a sweeping statement!

Did you get that from this book?

broom3.jpg

Edited by buffy

Is there usually any fees for subscribing or using the service?

Since I've never used Google Adsense before, I am just a little curious how the whole Google AdSense works?

Thank you again and your responses are much appreciated.

It cost to advertise on google adwords, but not to put ad's and make money on your website. It also depends on what the keyword is as to how much money you will get per a click on your sites google ad, you can only put 3 ad's per a page. Like say the keyword "Locksmith" might bring in $4 a click as to the keyword "Computer security" may only bring in .50 cents a click, you will need to do some research on what keywords are the high paying ones for clicks. Also you can not use proxys and stuff and click on your ad's or you will get banned.

edit:: sign up for an account and check it out.

Edited by 555

This is very interesting. I'm surprised I've never heard of this before. I was wondering about proxies. So if you can't use proxies I assume you can't have a cluster of VM's from the same external IP address somehow with a script to do some "clicking" or a botnet? Is it 1visit per IP that matters or can the same IP repeatedly do the clicking to get paid?

This is very interesting. I'm surprised I've never heard of this before. I was wondering about proxies. So if you can't use proxies I assume you can't have a cluster of VM's from the same external IP address somehow with a script to do some "clicking" or a botnet? Is it 1visit per IP that matters or can the same IP repeatedly do the clicking to get paid?

Yes, I setup an adsense account one time on a blog and tried to phproxy click it and got banned, so all the clicks came from different IP's. Somehow google caught on. I know you will defintely get banned if you keep clicking on your own ad's from the same IP. I am sure google has some kind of algorythm to see how many pages were viewed (from what ip's) and how many visitors clicked, ect.. if the same IP keeps clicking game is over. If you setup a couple dependable sites with good content and dont try clicking your own ad's you can make money in the long end. The hard part is starting it, getting clicks and traffic, after it is started the money just comes in every month with little to no effort.

edit:: SEO is important on the traffic, clicking part

Edited by 555

@Buffy,

Not from that book, but as a matter of fact I know that the Nigerians are behind some of these scams. I saw lots of reports on the TV of groups being arrested for scamming people. Was quite surprised when I saw the amount of money innocent people lose every year because of scams.

Chinese and a few others too are known today for most of their cyber attacks and I would not be surprised if they are behind these scams too.

It cost to advertise on google adwords, but not to put ad's and make money on your website. It also depends on what the keyword is as to how much money you will get per a click on your sites google ad, you can only put 3 ad's per a page. Like say the keyword "Locksmith" might bring in $4 a click as to the keyword "Computer security" may only bring in .50 cents a click, you will need to do some research on what keywords are the high paying ones for clicks. Also you can not use proxys and stuff and click on your ad's or you will get banned.

edit:: sign up for an account and check it out.

I'm still in the process of organizing what contents should be made available on my website.

Once I've got that part sorted, will need to come up with a layout and design for my website.

I want to try to attract as much people as possible, which will be the hard part of course.

Anyway, I still have a long way to go.

Thank you for your input by the way, much appreciated.

@Buffy,

Not from that book, but as a matter of fact I know that the Nigerians are behind some of these scams. I saw lots of reports on the TV of groups being arrested for scamming people. Was quite surprised when I saw the amount of money innocent people lose every year because of scams.

Chinese and a few others too are known today for most of their cyber attacks and I would not be surprised if they are behind these scams too.

I dunno, this guy from Nigeria sent me like $5000 in money orders and only wants me to send him back $3000 because his mother is sick, also a prince in that region said they have like 20 million dollars, and needs my help to get the money. lol.. I try not to hate on the Chinese and Russians but up my game instead. After all, without them we would be almost torrent and anon-proxyless lol no problem about the adsense thing if you have any more questions drop me a msg.. you can even goto blogger.com and start your blog for free including hosting and then add google adsense in there.