Misuse Of Vegemite On The Set Of Hak5

psydT0ne

Hey...I eat vegemite from the jar! Only a teaspoon at a time though. My great uncle was a P.O.W of the japanese during WW2. When they made it back to Australia they were severely malnourished. To bring them back to health they were fed a "vegemite soup", as this was the only thing they could really stomach for a long time.

It's an acquired taste to be sure, but I'd like to hear from all the aussies out there.

Let's educate these guys on how vegemite should be eaten!

My favourite?...vegemite and lettuce sandwiches!!

Hey...I eat vegemite from the jar! Only a teaspoon at a time though. My great uncle was a P.O.W of the japanese during WW2. When they made it back to Australia they were severely malnourished. To bring them back to health they were fed a "vegemite soup", as this was the only thing they could really stomach for a long time.

It's an acquired taste to be sure, but I'd like to hear from all the aussies out there.

Let's educate these guys on how vegemite should be eaten!

My favourite?...vegemite and lettuce sandwiches!!

Our guests told us how to eat it before they left. I tried some vegemite on a peice of toast, but I still didn't like it that much. Too bitter for me.

To each their own.

Our guests told us how to eat it before they left. I tried some vegemite on a peice of toast, but I still didn't like it that much. Too bitter for me.

To each their own.

Hey Snubs, have a go at eating it with cheese on toast too... :D

I tried it once and it tasted awful. I don't know how people can take it as it is.

Vegemite was just a scam to feed people with the otherwise wasted byproducts of all that beer the Aussies drink.

Aussies only think it's good because they were force-fed Vegemite during WWII and it tasted good when compared to starvation. It's now marketed solely on Australian nationalism.

Hey Snubs, have a go at eating it with cheese on toast too... :D

Hmmm, that sounds kinda good.. I'll try that next time!

Vegemite was just a scam to feed people with the otherwise wasted byproducts of all that beer the Aussies drink.

Aussies only think it's good because they were force-fed Vegemite during WWII and it tasted good when compared to starvation. It's now marketed solely on Australian nationalism.

Vegemite is regarded as a national treasure by many, but we're just hard as nails and that's why we like it. Coke in the US contains more sugar than it does here too i believe so that is one example of dietary differences. Americans are used to markedly sweeter foods so their palette isn't ready for Vegemite.

I like Vegemite with peanut butter on toast.

To put it in language that the Americans can under stand, Vegemite is da bomb man!

Every house in Australia has to have a jar of Vegemite, it is the law!

Vegemite on toast is great hang over preventer before going to bed, due to the high Vitamin B content. Its a great emergency food as it lasts forever, I keep a jar in my tool box in case I get caught out on site for extended periods, plain Vegemite sangers, every aussie kid had those when growing up.

It can be used to make gravy with corn flour when on tour outback, goes great with kangaroo as well, mmm kangaroo chunks in Vegemite gravy, high in protein and low in fat.

But I can understand why Americans don't like it, the few times I've been there the food is very bland, but they love the condiments, you can have beef or chicken only, but there are a thousand sources you have with it.

Edited by oxley

I like it lightly spread on two pieces bread with a thick piece of cheddar. It rocks! I can't do the soup though. My

wife likes it when her stomach is ailing, just dissolves a few tablespoons in boiling water. She is from Sri Lanka.