usb flash drive

hakgipc

why not make a gentoo cd with all your needs and put it on a credic card sized cd ?

I have a customized version of Kororaa (based on Gentoo) but it has issues with around 30% of the computers I have tried it on.

I'd have to agree with you, I have a copy of Kororaa and it doesn't like my pc for some reason.

I'd also have to agree with poyboy. Customised Slax owns.

On a related topic, can anyone suggest a USB flash drive that does CDROM emulation. Meaning that it tricks the operating system into thinking it's a CDROM. I know I've run across one but I can't seem to track it down again.

How do you mean CDROM emulation? Are you trying to get the flash drive to work if they have disabled usb mass storage devices in the OS?

Hmm... I know what Darren means, I read a couple of articles on them a few weeks back - basically, as far as the OS knows you've just plugged in an external CDROM drive but in RL it's a flash stick...

I can't remember what they're called though off hand...

Edit: Info here.

Hmm... I know what Darren means, I read a couple of articles on them a few weeks back - basically, as far as the OS knows you've just plugged in an external CDROM drive but in RL it's a flash stick...

I can't remember what they're called though off hand...

Edit: Info here.

Sorta. Maybe I've misread something, but I think there is a way to convert any old flash drive into one of these.