Will Wpa Clients Connect ?

I'm interested in Jasager and would like to know if it can pick up clients that are looking for a network with WPA / WPA2 encryption or does Jasagar only work with networks with no security ?

Edited by rv1ce

Depends on the wireless client/supplicant in use on the client machine. Some, older XP I think, would negotiate downwards from WEP/WPA to no encryption if the AP didn't support it but most won't and as Mr Protocol says, without the keys you won't be able to complete the handshake and so couldn't start/decrypt any traffic

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite, it all depends on the wireless client you have.

All will associate, some will look at the encryption options available, see that WPA isn't there so disassociate straight away, they may then automatically reassociate and try again.

Others will associate, see that there is no WPA but then fall back to no encryption and work quite happily.

Most current clients will do the first but older versions of XP will do the second.

this is really a shot in the dark.

Say you have a laptop that connects to your router over WPA. Then you go into your router and turn off WPA or what ever security you want. then it still connects to your router. Wouldn't there be a way to make the Jasager say hello I'm your Router..... i no longer have security.

In the case I was talking about iIt is all down to the client, if the client expects WPA or WEP then it will only take that encryption option.

so if the client is set to automatically decide what it takes then it would work but if the client has to take a wpa or wep... then it wouldnt.

cool makes since to me.

Thanks for the information.

• 1 month later...

Open networks only. In order to get it to work with WPA or WEP you would need to know their saved key in order to decode the packets they are sending.

What if we Do Know the WEP or WPA Key for that Access Point

Edited by Jose B

still no good as only a single AP is setup that allows everyone to connect, if you put a WPA or WEP key on it then you would limit it to those who had the key. You might be able to manually setup a second, non-karmad AP interface but never tried it.

If you just want to lure in those with the key then just setup a normal access point.