Hak.5 fan meetups

Matir

I was thinking it might be interesting to have hak.5 fan meetups in various cities so we could get to know other fans and stuff. I'm personally in Atlanta, but I'd like to see this happen in a number of other places.

Thoughts?

There is only one really active LUG around here, and no hak.5 fans there. Most of them think it is actually a negative thing. And everyone I've met who goes to 2600 meetings are a bunch of posers.

Why do they think that, Hak.5 gets more people into "hard core" tech, or at least security conscious.

They have a misconception that Hak.5 encourages illegal activity.

There is only one really active LUG around here, and no hak.5 fans there. Most of them think it is actually a negative thing. And everyone I've met who goes to 2600 meetings are a bunch of posers.

Why do they think that, Hak.5 gets more people into "hard core" tech, or at least security conscious.

I don’t need anyone to encourage me. :D

I’m going to be in Vegas from tomorrow afternoon to Monday evening.

Edit: I thought today was Monday.

You're not staying for def-con? :-)

there is no one around here that is into this kind of stuff, they all think i need to "get a life" lol what ever that means

I have not shown it to my friends cuz .... omg i should show them

i have one friend that might even keep listening after i mention something tech related :(

there is no one around here that is into this kind of stuff, they all think i need to "get a life" lol what ever that means

i have one friend that might even keep listening after i mention something tech related :(

when you find a life... dont forget to send me the link

when you find a life... dont forget to send me the link

Me too I'd like to check that life link out.

heh, though I'd love to meet other hak5 fans. The closet one too me lives like 20 minutes away, then again he's my brother in law he doenst count, but after that, of the fans italk to is Keiyentia. But there are some here In wa, itd be fun to actually meet up some place.

You're not staying for def-con? :-)

I will be at DefCon but I have to go to Black Hat before, that’s why I'm flying in on Tuesday and flying back out on Monday.