HackCom Episode 2

Famicoman

that is the shittest show i have seen. I cant believe you guys actually thik it is good. The first episode where the had that php segment to show you how to output on the screen they forgot to put a ; on everyline. Come to think of it every single segment on php these guys done there code didnt work first up. There just a bunch of guys that know nothing trying to jump on this hole ipTV thing and are doing a shit job at it.

that is the shittest show i have seen. I cant believe you guys actually thik it is good. The first episode where the had that php segment to show you how to output on the screen they forgot to put a ; on everyline. Come to think of it every single segment on php these guys done there code didnt work first up. There just a bunch of guys that know nothing trying to jump on this hole ipTV thing and are doing a shit job at it.

how about you stfu.

the php segment was shit yes.

and i will take what you say seriously when i see your iptv show and see that its better...

and considering this is ONE guy doing the whole thing himself i think he is doing great.

god people

great? he is doing a sad job of it, that is why im not making one because i know i would doi just as shit as him. The whole show says n00b to me. I wouldnt take anything he says to seriously. Hak5, even says its aimed at n00bs when you watch it, but at least the people making hak5 make the show fill like they do know what there talking about, he does the oppisite. If you cant see that its not my problem. But what are you going to learn from that, that you need a ; on the end of your php code oh and to make sure you know what time zone your server is befor the show so your not sitting there for five minutes debugging your code during the show only to work out the code isnt working because of timezones.

From what I've seen of it, the guy just needs to focus on scripting his shows, learning his lines, becoming more comftable on camera and do more retakes until he's got it down. Kinda feels like he's stuck a camera down and gone threw it on one go, no retakes. Thats one thing hak5 excel at, which is being slick on camera. TV needs a TV personaility, or someone who can fake it convincingly. Without that, its just a video of someone talking.

I agree he's kind of jittery on camera, but the show looks promising. Remember, your first episode will always suck. Whether others think so or not. You just have to keep producing more to get over that. (Adapted from rules of game development)

Okay, first off I'm not even gonna bother with flaming you spider, no since in it. Second, I'm working more and more to make it better. A year ago I could do this well on camera... I just recently can hold a decent convo on the phone with out stuttering real bad. I wish people would understand.. What would it be like if you wanted to just say "Hey" and you couldn't. Try being that way since you was real little. Can talk but very hard to-do so. Plus on top of this my ADHD.. but besides all that. I'm trying to-do the best I can. Thank you to the ones that do like my show. I do make many many retakes. I do have a script. I most of the time can do it very very well off camera. But.. for some reason once I hit record I start stuttering.. and its not the same everyday. I am trying to practice more in front of camera. I hope the shows only get better from here on. Once again thanks to the people that do like it and can understand my situation. I have been in tv for 6 years (95%) of that behind camera. So please know one tell me I don't know how to format a show or how a show works. I do know, and know i'm not trying to brag or anything like that. Just as reference I have a sitcom in the making that airs on local tv. I also produce a full 10-15 minute show daily. That is viewed buy around 2500 people. Using all pro things. Anyways be looking out for the next episode. It make be 2 weeks like I said in the last episode. Anyone with questions, have suggestions or have show ideas or segments please don't hesitate to drop me a email or post on my forums. Thank you, Cody

It just takes time, and luckrly you have quite a bit of that. Out of interest, how many times to you read threw a script in front of a room full of people? It might help you get over performance jitters? Or hire a sexy blond girl to be the face of the show? Can we see your other stuff anywhere?

CaveMan - I have noticed that people who stutter always spell it studder :P I did till like 2 days ago.

VaKo - I cant talk in front of alot of people, but I might have to present a award in april 07 in front of like 3 thousand people. I dont have anything else online. I might try to get something else online. But the other shows Im not in, im just the producer and director.

Famicoman - Your welcome on the file extension. :)

I think the show is OK but I don’t think I’m the target audience so I will probably not watch anymore shows as there is no humour or chemistry due to the lack of co-host’s to play of each other.

I have a lot of respect for anyone that put’s something out there as they will always get criticism of what they are doing and it takes time and effort to put something together no matter how bad it may be.

I could do better and I have put videos and other things together for presentations to my LUG and 2600 meetings but I doubt I will ever release them as they could get me arrested or sued and anything I would want to do in the future could get me arrested or sued.

spider what you dont know is he physically cant do anything but studder, i have a slight case of it, but mine was never diagnosed (and i cant spell)

Ummm, please tell me when did i once say anything about the stutter? I was talking about the content nothing else. I dont care if he stutters or not, what i care about when im watching someone tell people that have never coded before is for them not to sit there for five mins trying to work out what the bug is. That doesnt help anyone that hasnt programmed before. That kind of thing makes me want to turn the show off. codypchristian have you thought about maybe getting someone to host the show for you then?

dont remove that xbox segment that is the only thing i actually liked. You should do more hardware hacking and less software, maybe even show how to install linux on your xbox meh just a suggestion. If you ask me it would take off better if you done something that isnt already done, hack5 doesnt do much on the hardware side of things so if you pick up the hardware part you would end up with your own audience.

dont remove that xbox segment that is the only thing i actually liked. You should do more hardware hacking and less software, maybe even show how to install linux on your xbox meh just a suggestion. If you ask me it would take off better if you done something that isnt already done, hack5 doesnt do much on the hardware side of things so if you pick up the hardware part you would end up with your own audience.

Not a bad idea, put Gentoo on it.

spider what you dont know is he physically cant do anything but studder, i have a slight case of it, but mine was never diagnosed (and i cant spell)

Ummm, please tell me when did i once say anything about the stutter? I was talking about the content nothing else. I dont care if he stutters or not, what i care about when im watching someone tell people that have never coded before is for them not to sit there for five mins trying to work out what the bug is. That doesnt help anyone that hasnt programmed before. That kind of thing makes me want to turn the show off. codypchristian have you thought about maybe getting someone to host the show for you then?

This is exactly what IPTV needs. No offense man, but your show is terrible. What we need is more writers, behind the scenes types and less hosts. Plenty of good content out there, but mosly executed terribly.

The content should always come first and the hosts seconded and with out good writing and an understanding of the subject that you are discussing, any show that someone puts out will turn out like shit.

There’s no point beating around the bush hear but most IPTV shows are shit and just rehashing old content that has been done on so many other IPTV show. I think the best thing people could do is find a show they like and offer to help them out by coming up with ideas, writing scripts, producing content, writing show notes and doing general producer jobs.

If you have something you really think people will like then you should submit it to http://www.hacktv.org/ as I can guaranty you that most people get bored or sick of the amount of work they have to put into making a show and give up after 4 to 6 months.

It’s the same with Podcasts and if you have something to say you should submit it to http://www.twatech.org/