There is so much shit on tv

melodic

When its not showing endless Bigbrother (what are they on now, month 67 or something?) they usually have some interesting documentorys, good movies or generally intresting shows.

BBC2 is pretty good as well, watched a really good documentory about US ground troops in Iraq, managed to show the troops as humans instead trying to shout about politics.

All the U.S. documetaries on the war just show how much we are screwing things up! :-)

Your assanine politicans may screw everything they lay a finger on, but your troops are doing there best to make the best of a fubar'd situation. Much respect to the armed forces.

So lets take a closer look at channle 4.

The listing as of 18:00:

18:00 - The Simpsons, ok but they only have it so the BBC don't

18:30 - Hollyoaks, pile of crap

19:00 - Channel 4 News, probably loaded with advertisments, never watched to find out

20:00 - Property Ladder, I don't watch things like this, it probably sucks non the less.

21:00 - Gordon Ramsay's F Word, craptastic 'reality' TV

22:00 - Big Brother, nuf said

23:05 - I Love You. And You. And You., I have no idea what this is about

00:10 - Big Brother's Big Mouth, realy, does any body watch this shit?

00:40 - Road to V 2006, no idea what this is about

00:55 untill 03:40 - Big Brother Live, seriusly, people who watch this at all need to be castrated

The listing as of 18:00:

18:00 - The Simpsons, ok but they only have it so the BBC don't

18:30 - Hollyoaks, pile of crap

Yup, but the women are sexy so it beats neighbours

19:00 - Channel 4 News, probably loaded with advertisments, never watched to find out

The channel 4 news is good, watch it.

20:00 - Property Ladder, I don't watch things like this, it probably sucks non the less.

21:00 - Gordon Ramsay's F Word, craptastic 'reality' TV

22:00 - Big Brother, nuf said

23:05 - I Love You. And You. And You., I have no idea what this is about

Plygiamy... marrying more than one women, its about this guy with 80+ wives.

00:10 - Big Brother's Big Mouth, realy, does any body watch this shit?

00:40 - Road to V 2006, no idea what this is about

V feastivle... which if you like music, or watching bands, is quite good.

00:55 untill 03:40 - Big Brother Live, seriusly, people who watch this at all need to be castrated

Agreeed.

Allow me to take this opportunity to point out that you people accept *WAAAAAY* too much ads in your daily TV diet.

The average CSI episode they air here is about 45 minutes of actual footage, and they cut to commercials twice in that timeframe, lengthening the airing of the episode to about an hour. This I find to be a disgustingly huge amount of ads and an even more disgusting waste of my ever precious time. So I use a VCR to just FFWD through the commercials and manage to go through the episode in about 50 minutes. I'm actually looking forward to running MythTV here which should be able to automatically detect and cut out the commercials, but I'll fill you in on that once it's up and running.

The thing is, during this CSI episode I've lost count of the amount of times they fade to black on some big cliffhanger moment that just screams 'commercial time' to me. If all those moments are in fact used in the US (or other places for that matter) to put ads in your face, how are you ever going to pay attention to th actual show you're supposedly watching? And how long are those commercial segments anyways?

in the UK, is Chanel 4 on Chanal 4?

Channel 4 is a free to air analogue channel so technically it's whatever channel you tune to it... generally though it is actually channel 4. yeah... I believe it's channel 104 on Sky (UK satellite) but they start with channel 101 (BBC1) so I guess that's kinda channel 4.

If all those moments are in fact used in the US (or other places for that matter) to put ads in your face, how are you ever going to pay attention to th actual show you're supposedly watching? And how long are those commercial segments anyways?

You'd be surprised. We don't have as much ad-time between our programs in the UK as some places. USA have ads up the wazoo and you sometimes can't tell the ad from the show since they don't add in the "You're watching <program name>" thing... meh stick to free media, it's better for content (sometimes, anyways) and it's got less ads...

Ye, there are poeple in the UK that limite the amount of ads that channles can show in an hour, and if a channle gose over that limite they can be fined. It's notable, we have seven advertisment free channles in England, which are: BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, CBBC, Cbeebies and BBC News 24.

Ye, there are poeple in the UK that limite the amount of ads that channles can show in an hour, and if a channle gose over that limite they can be fined. It's notable, we have seven advertisment free channles in England, which are: BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, CBBC, Cbeebies and BBC News 24.

I would kill for some over the air commercial free channels.

USA have ads up the wazoo and you sometimes can't tell the ad from the show

Must... Buy... Tampex...