He's Dead Jim; Dead!

Zimmer

Any suggestions for reviving a ipod classic (160GB) that went swimming. I put it by a hair dryer and then rice, and nada. Not even the BIOS detects and not hard drive spin up etc. Any last ditch suggestions?

Edited by Zimmer

I am afraid to say this, but its gone. Buy an ipod touch, they are so much fun.

Ya I figure I'd buy an iPod Touch, also if my iPod still worked it would be hard to sell (I have a feeling nobody wants the biggest iPod with the biggest storage and it isn't a touch). And I can now take it apart and not worry about damaging it :-).

Edited by Zimmer

If it did get into the drive oh well I just got a 1TB drive couple months ago and transfered my iTunes stuff there (instead of just on the iPod (I already lost it once but Apple allowed my to re download the but content (there customer service is extremely nice IMO (they even gave me one song credit (I know 1 song not much but they didn't have to)))).

The one thing that I am wondering is all the news about iPhone OS 4 and well iPhone 4G and I am wondering how long until they bring those features to the Touch (and they might have a new Touch version?)?

Anyone knows if the iPod Touch 3 gen (32 and 64 gb versions (is the 8 gb on apple.com a 2g (that is what I get from reading wikipedia))) work with regular headphones (and not just the apple ones (with the mic and everything)?

Edited by Zimmer