Instant Messaging

darkzar99

Hmm...I usually use trillian, and I know that has the ability to encrypt your conversations (probably like every other client)....but, what kind of security are you looking for? Are you worried about your conversations/data that you are sending/Recieving, or the vulnerabilty to your system while using the program?

Hmm...I usually use trillian, and I know that has the ability to encrypt your conversations (probably like every other client)....but, what kind of security are you looking for? Are you worried about your conversations/data that you are sending/Recieving, or the vulnerabilty to your system while using the program?

just the conversations, just to be sure that only the person i am chatting with is able to view the message

just the conversations, just to be sure that only the person i am chatting with is able to view the message

Ok. Then you can either use the encryption that the messengers have built in, SSH tunneling (Hak5, ep7), or I think TOR would work for that also.

Edited: for stray tags... :wink:

Security on instant messanger..... I only talk to my friends so I don't really worry and if I get pissed at a friend I hit him in the face or if its a girl I say "I'm sorry I was wrong" plus their all stupid so I don't really care about security plus I don't think my parents are trying to watch my computer.

Last I heard Trillian's encryption had a flaw in the RSA padding. I prefer OTR ("off the record") plugin for Gaim, that's real good real time crypto. I haven't heard of any known flaws with it as of yet.