Which Laptop?

So i've been searching and searching and i simply just can't find the perfect one. I'm looking for a laptop that:

between 10" and smaller for portability

wifi has atheros chipset ( or point me in the direction of a good atheros card/usb)

good battery life, at least 5 hours

1gb/2gb ram, if 1gb space to upgrade ( can you upgrade netbooks to 4gb?)

I think thats the minimum specs i want for the laptop. It doesn't matter what make or how much it costs i just need one REALLY BAD.

Thanks

Allot of laptops (and netbooks) have the wireless cards installed in a miniPCI or miniPCIe slot. Might be easier to buy the laptop that has every thing you want except the wireless adapter, then get the wireless adapter separate. This will, of course, void the warranty, and the wireless on/off button/switch will not work, and you need to verify which of the slots the laptop uses (if any).

With the Atom spec. at this time, it will not let you get above 1.5gigs (I think) of ram. I don't know if it's the deal with Microsoft (in which they specify what the highest spec for netbooks can be to be eligible for Windows installations) or if it is a framework limitation of the bus *most probably the Microsoft hammer*.

Well.. Seems there are a few with more than 1 gig of ram... check this out: Lenovo IdeaPad S12 - 29595GU - Black. 3 gigs/320gighd/nvidia ion/Atom n270.. but with broadcom chipset....

Honestly at this point, I would try to wait it out for the dual core Atoms and see what happens.

***BTW, if you don't believe the whole thing about Microsoft's strong arm ala russian hammer, check this out***

Engadget: Microsoft publishes maximum specs for Windows 7 starter edition

That's probably the deal. In which to get windows on the cheap for manufacturers *for starter edition* the netbook cannot be more than the maximum specs. If you notice, the second you take a netbook and sell it with the ability to have more ram, A. it comes with at least 7 home edition (why the hell would you want starter anyway?) and B. the price hikes generously.

Eee pc 1005HA or acer aspire one d250? Can any of these go above 2gb ram?

Sparda can you link or tell me where i find atheros chipset based cards?

Thanks

I like to get mine from oxfordtec.com

Those all seem pretty nice suggestions yet i don't think i'll go with them :D.

I'm still looking for the best laptop out possible and i really need input, would you wait for the dual core atoms?

Or eee pc 1005HA or acer aspire one d250?

Or any others you think would dominate and i'd have to buy?

I was reading about the dual core atoms and the performance hike was not really what everyone thought (around 25% performance hop). So it may not justify the price difference when they come out. HOWEVER, that also means if you wait till the dual core atoms come out, that also means a price drop (possibly a significant one) for the single core atom based netbooks. Only time will tell.