want to earn some money by helping me

Horwood87

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it still says the same thing.

i noticed that my Dban is a iso file am i able to just change the extension to img or will i have to convert it or can i just leave it as an iso?

--edit--

i got them changed to img files but it didnt fix anything

i used ren image.iso image.img

it still says the same thing.

i noticed that my Dban is a iso file am i able to just change the extension to img or will i have to convert it or can i just leave it as an iso?

--edit--

i got them changed to img files but it didnt fix anything

i used ren image.iso image.img

The files would have to be converted. Not sure about windows, but if you can run a linux distro you can use the "file" command and point it towards your ISO/img file and it should be able to tell you what it is. Changing a file extension doesn't change the format. It sounds like your problem is with the booting of Grub4DOS though. What is it exactly that happens when you boot it? Do you ever even see your menu?

yeah it doesnt even let me select them before the grub came up with the error but ever since i removed the = in the konboot it has been just doing it right on boot.

do you know where i can find a floppy version.

You make the floppy image yourself using the dban-1.0.7_i386.exe file found here. My image file is here, if you'd rather use that. Images can be compressed using the gzip method and loaded directly from the *.gz file. This works great because most floppy image files aren't 1.44 MB, such as Kon-Boot which I compressed to like 10 Kb I think. 7-Zip works great for this in Windows.

And I'm still not sure what you mean about where exactly the errors are shown. Now that you removed the '=' your USB boots to your menu.lst? Or does nothing happen, you can't see your menu at all and you just get the error?

well my first error was that my menu.lst file was a menu.lst.txt file i was also informed to remove the "=" in before i fixed any of this it would go to the grub and give me the error stated at the beginning of this topic.

title BackTrack 4
root (hd0,0)
kernel /bootbt4/vmlinuz vga=0x317 ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw quiet
initrd=/bootbt4/initrd.gz
boot

stated here

change "initrd=/bootbt4/initrd.gz" to "initrd /bootbt4/initrd.gz".

when i removed that as soon as it hit the boot from usb the message pops up.

Could not find kernel image: linux:
boot:

does this help any?

so since you have been provided with the answer, you owe us our fees.... You promised.

We are not cheap. I demand a payment of $50.00 USD per reply, payable to Manuel at mintirc dot net . Including this reply, which makes #33, you owe $1650.00 USD

Why don't you make a video and upload it to blip.tv or YouTube.com. Show the root of your drive, your menu.lst, and then try to boot it in my USB-TestVM so we can verify the information your giving us and see actually see everything. You've got to help us help you, so far you haven't been so great at this but we're trying to stick with you on this one...

If you don't have any screen recording software you can use CamStudio which is free and open source.

mine is called menu.lst

so what should i rename it to

It may appear that it looks like menu.lst but do you have "show all file extensions" enabled in windows?

It's simplest to boot up your linux live distro, pretty fool proof that way.

hi do u have msn so u can hwlp me faster

@horwood97

I would heavily suggest that you add to your hak5 user profile what country you reside and your age. This isn't a slite towards you or anything. I think it would just help you a lot so you don't get flamed ;)

This thread reminds me of a quote from some one in WoW:

If you say 'plz' when asking for something because its shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because its shorter than 'yes'.

If you use spell check you would not be flamed as much, just use Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...