Myspace???

PoyBoy

Well, I've been through google a lot, and can't make any snese of anything. My question is: What is the myspace hacking junk. Before the flaming begins I would like to say that I am not asking HOW, just WHAT has happened to people.

I can't make sense of what is scams and what is real info on google.

Thanks

From what I've read, people create false myspace login pages (honeypots) for their victims to log into (probably thinking they're going to see some new image comment) and thus obtain their password.

There are other ways to 'hack' someone's myspace page but if you really want to put forth the effort to do so, you may as well hang yourself.

I have read an occasional story or two on digg or somewhere about a group of people who are sueing myspace over their accounts being hi-jacked. But most of the time its their own damn fault.

i think you mean the javascript hacks?

well from what i read someone named 'sam' i think and they put a script on there page that forced added them to sams friends and then put the script on the victims page...so sam had like 1million friends in minutes.

this was months ago...

i think you mean the javascript hacks?

well from what i read someone named 'sam' i think and they put a script on there page that forced added them to sams friends and then put the script on the victims page...so sam had like 1million friends in minutes.

this was months ago...

I seem to recall hearing something about this a month or so ago too. I didn't really pay attention to it because thinking of myspace makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

ye i also have another video tutorial on how to hack myspace useing a cookie catcher ........

i'll see if i van find it back

found it ,

uploaded it to one of a ftp servers (note the main domain u see on this site or the subdomain are not mine ! i just g0t root to the ftp box :P

here dl the tutorial @ -> http://tinyurl.com/z6f64

note that ill only keep this up there for a short wile ...

I seem to recall hearing something about this a month or so ago too. I didn't really pay attention to it because thinking of myspace makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Whoa Myspace sucks! My first problem is it has to many errors and if sparda gets on this topic I will run far away

I always recommend the following to myspace users:

Go here: https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Copy form a random location of the bottom bar.

Select to change there MySpace acounts password.

Paste the new password in to the new password space and again into the confirm password space.

Change your email address to a non-exsisting one.

Submite it, close your web bowser.

The ulimatly secure MySpace acount, one that no body (litraly) can logon to.

I always recommend the following to myspace users:

Go here: https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Copy form a random location of the bottom bar.

Select to change there MySpace acounts password.

Paste the new password in to the new password space and again into the confirm password space.

Change your email address to a non-exsisting one.

Submite it, close your web bowser.

The ulimatly secure MySpace acount, one that no body (litraly) can logon to.

Hm, never knew of such a site, I'll bookmark that for future use. Thanks Sparda.

From what I've read, people create false myspace login pages (honeypots) for their victims to log into (probably thinking they're going to see some new image comment) and thus obtain their password.

There are other ways to 'hack' someone's myspace page but if you really want to put forth the effort to do so, you may as well hang yourself.

I have read an occasional story or two on digg or somewhere about a group of people who are sueing myspace over their accounts being hi-jacked. But most of the time its their own damn fault.

yes there are many exploits for myspace... not just phishing users, but also editing your own cookie to a stolen cookie. OR the more harder way without stealing there cookie... by making your own cookie and encrypting it.... cookie contains victims email, friendid, etc etc. But you get the point.

PLUS Javascript is filtered so its much harder to compromise a user.

• 2 weeks later...

The most infamous by bar was the "sammy is my hero" javascript worm.

By the time the worm had made its way around the myspace network, typing "sammy is my hero" in google would list you every myspace profile there was!

people who fall for the "Login to myspace here" stuff are pretty dumb. Look at the URL. And then people who just give their passwords away are pretty dumb. The best way to keep your myspace from being "hacked" is don't sign up for shit wiht your email and password.

You can also post java, and flash scripts on peoples pages. It is possible to post a comment on someones page with a script that will simply take you to a different page. Also just a note. I think it is a terrible idea to post personal info about yourself on such a public community. I mean there are absolutely no restrictions to viewing someones myspace homepage. Just the other evening a friend of my sisters got a call from someone in florida because she was dumb enough to put her number on her homepage.

Myspace is trying the best they can to keep this social networking safe. They did stuff like people under 16 can't have public profiles, people over 18 cannot request anyone under 16. Things like that. On myspace, they made it so yo ucannot post javascript anymore. All they let you use is css, and html. Most people that get "hacked" are just dumb. And don't think.

Myspace is trying the best they can to keep this social networking safe. They did stuff like people under 16 can't have public profiles, people over 18 cannot request anyone under 16. Things like that. On myspace, they made it so yo ucannot post javascript anymore. All they let you use is css, and html. Most people that get "hacked" are just dumb. And don't think.

But you could easily fake your age...

This is the reason that kids get to be part of adult communities and how adults get to be part of kids communities... it's not hard, unfortunately...