(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Ah , sorry for the misunderstanding there. , Well i'm glad you finally where able to get S2 talking with CAD. :)

I'm still studying up on all of this.... schtuff! < sigh >

I'm a quick study but even with 10 cups of coffee I don't know if I will be able to catch up with you :)

Sunday is my birthday, so i won't be around to much. See you guys all monday and good luck!

Unfortunately i'm now getting weirdshit errors (memory corruption....??) bleh

ugh, just when i thought you were going to nail it down.

I'll see if i can stop back later tonight and we can tear it up together. TILL THEN!

Seems to be related to the custom wndproc. I'm wondering if the reference isn't in a stable location or something... i'm pretty sure this would require unsafe code (as C# puts it) to even try to fix

hi, first of all this program is awsome! thank you for everything.

i have a problem in windows seven. when recording a station i use exnfo tags for folders.

but saver saves it as unknown station in windows seven. in windows xp everything is normal. it saves as whats the station is.

can we do something for it?

and i use proxy for pandora. my proxy lets me only one connection to pandora. and is there any option for song skip speed like changes song in 50 sec or something like that?

thank you again...!

hi, first of all this program is awsome! thank you for everything.

i have a problem in windows seven. when recording a station i use exnfo tags for folders.

but saver saves it as unknown station in windows seven. in windows xp everything is normal. it saves as whats the station is.

can we do something for it?

and i use proxy for pandora. my proxy lets me only one connection to pandora. and is there any option for song skip speed like changes song in 50 sec or something like that?

thank you again...!

I will take a look at it, but there's no logical reason that it's not getting the tag proper in 7.

There is no way to skip to the next song in 50 seconds currently. Are you trying to do turbo mode, or something?

Have been using it for a while w/ any problems ... Great Client... thank you! :):D

Recently I've been having some trouble w/ the Pandora Standalone client.

Had a previous version, kept having XMLRPC Error.

Updated to a Newer version... the 'box' for the pandora client does not display all the info [functions w/o erros, but cannot see all info & access some settings]

Screen shot below

2010yky.jpg

Running -- Windows 7 x64

Tried installing the Pandora Saver & all recent releases all give me the same issue.

Any suggestion on wht I can do?

Huge props man, this is an excellent program. Absolutely loving not having to search for music on those abhorrent sites, BT or downloading full albums for a single song, and having the ability to choose my song versus whatever Pandora wants to play ;)

Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into the project, it really shows. Kind of reminds me of an automated frostwire interface, except no p2p. :D

yeah turbo mode.

thank you...

I'll look into adding a way to adjust the minimum turbo speed used. Not hard to do, the question is how to change the setting. Probably will just use a hidden setting.

Have been using it for a while w/ any problems ... Great Client... thank you! :):D

Recently I've been having some trouble w/ the Pandora Standalone client.

Had a previous version, kept having XMLRPC Error.

Updated to a Newer version... the 'box' for the pandora client does not display all the info [functions w/o erros, but cannot see all info & access some settings]

Screen shot below

2010yky.jpg

Running -- Windows 7 x64

Tried installing the Pandora Saver & all recent releases all give me the same issue.

Any suggestion on wht I can do?

It looks to me like your display DPI is messed up, that is, it is not set to the default value. Window size is correct (for standard DPI) yet all the controls are larger than they should be. I'll check and verify this in a bit.

Yes, you have your DPI set to a non standard value. How to fix this (until the client is fixed): http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/dpifix.jpg

(i'm amazed this W7 RC is still working - surely, ms was to have locked this out by now?)

Previous versions will always get the XMLRPC failure because they are trying to use an older protocol version, which pandora doesn't allow and thus returns an error.

This should be able to be fixed -it's caused by the base size being hardcoded. It should be being set to the same as the initial size, but i seem to have forgotten that. I imagine the window is being automatically scaled w/ the DPI change but since that is hardcoded it just gets set right back but is stuck with the larger controls.

Huge props man, this is an excellent program. Absolutely loving not having to search for music on those abhorrent sites, BT or downloading full albums for a single song, and having the ability to choose my song versus whatever Pandora wants to play ;)

Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into the project, it really shows. Kind of reminds me of an automated frostwire interface, except no p2p. :D

Glad you like it.

It looks to me like your display DPI is messed up, that is, it is not set to the default value. Window size is correct (for standard DPI) yet all the controls are larger than they should be. I'll check and verify this in a bit.

Yes, you have your DPI set to a non standard value. How to fix this (until the client is fixed): http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/dpifix.jpg

(i'm amazed this W7 RC is still working - surely, ms was to have locked this out by now?)

Previous versions will always get the XMLRPC failure because they are trying to use an older protocol version, which pandora doesn't allow and thus returns an error.

This should be able to be fixed -it's caused by the base size being hardcoded. It should be being set to the same as the initial size, but i seem to have forgotten that. I imagine the window is being automatically scaled w/ the DPI change but since that is hardcoded it just gets set right back but is stuck with the larger controls.

Thnx for the quick reply...

Tried changing my DPI to "Medium" from custom setting still having same issue with restart.

I got the Win 7 Upgrade frm Vista.

The client works fine so i'll just continue enjoying the Music :D

Thnx for the quick reply...

Tried changing my DPI to "Medium" from custom setting still having same issue with restart.

I got the Win 7 Upgrade frm Vista.

The client works fine so i'll just continue enjoying the Music :D

It must be set to normal otherwise it will exhibit the same behavior. You might try enablng the old gui, it might or might not fix it. You enable it by either editing the config file by hand or using sproxy's advanced settings. I forget the exact name, it contains enablenewgui or something like that in it.

Posted a new (non-vital) update. This fixes the DPI issue, and is mostly an internal update. Also has jjjameson's feature request.

02/05/10: 1.2.3 build 364

Client: Old save button disabled and forced off when running standalone as it has no use in standalone mode.

Client: Fixed shared stations not being detected properly

Client: Internal rework for more responsive GUI stuff

Client: Scrolling speed reduced slightly

Client: All sorts of misc gui tweaks

Client: Fixed window sizing not respecting DPI

Client: Fixed window being too large when using either gui on vista (yay, vista.)

Client: Player priority now exposed in advanced settings

Pandora: Added the ability to force turbo speed to a certain value (change ForceTurboSpeed from -1 to 5-180)

YouTube: Now enabled by default.

Misc: BrowserPac.js now has a commented-out youtube section

As always, posts comments and questions here.

CAD at the moment has pretty much been sidelined due to unresolveable problems. going to poke at it some more, but i don't know if it will ever work.

I'm open to feature requests (within reason) due to honestly not having all that much to do at the moment. Try me.

Stuff already discussed and closed:

CAD

Spotify

Imeem

Deezer (may take a look at this again)

Posted a new (non-vital) update. This fixes the DPI issue, and is mostly an internal update. Also has jjjameson's feature request.

Client: Old save button disabled and forced off when running standalone as it has no use in standalone mode.

Client: Fixed shared stations not being detected properly

Client: Internal rework for more responsive GUI stuff

Client: Scrolling speed reduced slightly

Client: All sorts of misc gui tweaks

Client: Fixed window sizing not respecting DPI

Client: Fixed window being too large when using either gui on vista (yay, vista.)

Client: Player priority now exposed in advanced settings

Pandora: Added the ability to force turbo speed to a certain value (change ForceTurboSpeed from -1 to 5-180)

YouTube: Now enabled by default.

Misc: BrowserPac.js now has a commented-out youtube section

As always, posts comments and questions here.

CAD at the moment has pretty much been sidelined due to unresolveable problems. going to poke at it some more, but i don't know if it will ever work.

I'm open to feature requests (within reason) due to honestly not having all that much to do at the moment. Try me.

Stuff already discussed and closed:

CAD

Spotify

Imeem

Deezer (may take a look at this again)

hi again,

thanks for update it looks great!

but i cant able to install.

i tried winxp and win7 but it just aborting the install. im posting caps.

win7kt.th.jpg

winxpq.th.jpg

hi again,

thanks for update it looks great!

but i cant able to install.

i tried winxp and win7 but it just aborting the install. im posting caps.

win7kt.th.jpg

winxpq.th.jpg

Both w7 and xp ran the installer fine over here...

First error (w7): Check that your internet connection is functional and try again. Usually caused by a proxy being configured and none running....

Second error: Post the contents of install.log

Actually, i just managed to replicate the second error. Not quite sure why it's happening, as nothing has changed there...

Right, try it again. I still don't know why that error is occuring but i have no way to debug it, so i put in a "dirty" fix. Seems like there is two copies of the Proxy.Settings static class bouncing about, which is weird.

I hope noone dropped because of this :|

Thank you very much for the Update [it resolved my issue :D] :woot:

Your client is Fantastic & your the time you put in to developing this freebie is much appreciated.

I'll be sure to 'Spread the Word' about the client :)

see PM

Both w7 and xp ran the installer fine over here...

First error (w7): Check that your internet connection is functional and try again. Usually caused by a proxy being configured and none running....

Second error: Post the contents of install.log

Actually, i just managed to replicate the second error. Not quite sure why it's happening, as nothing has changed there...

Right, try it again. I still don't know why that error is occuring but i have no way to debug it, so i put in a "dirty" fix. Seems like there is two copies of the Proxy.Settings static class bouncing about, which is weird.

I hope noone dropped because of this :|

i tried it again and i saw it installed. i dont know why but its working. With the new update.

Thank you again, you really saved me !

Another nonvital update. The big news in this is blacklisting is back. I'm not happy with how it works (it's unchanged from the original pandorasaver) but it's useful to some people so here it is.

Changelog:

02/07/10: 1.2.4 build 389

Saver2: Configuration screen made a little scarier with the addition of warning text.

Saver2: Reinstated blacklisting tab

Saver2: Version number incremented due to addition to plugin API

Saver2: Blacklisting support added - a plugin must override bool IsBlacklisted(SongInfo) and return true if it is blacklisted.

SimpleBlacklist: Ported successfully from original PandoraSaver; now looks for blacklists in Sproxy folder being the only change

Installer: Added new plugin and blacklist example files

Blacklisting is back, in the same form as it took in the original pandorasaver. I'm honestly not quite happy with how it works but it was useful for some people, so it comes back. This also means that feature parity has been reached with the original pandorasaver (and then some). No reason to be using it, now. To reload blacklists without restarting SProxy select Simple Blacklisting on the plugin screen, and hit "Configure Simple Blacklisting".

Saver2 is a brilliant piece of work.

You have this method nailed with a Tor enabled proxy coupled with the versatility of using plug-ins.

I'm running a Win03 box outside of the US using Tor. Your Pandora client in turbo mode is just awesome.

A two thumbs up effort. You should be very proud of yourself.

YZF

oh, yeah, i've run into that too.

i've ported the song fader("widget" to display last sniffed song) and pandora helper(pandora keyboard control for firefox and opera) to saver2, but it's not uploaded yet.

(2nd page snipa)

Hi!

Pandora radio is not available in my country - Portugal.

I have found tv243.com a great alternative for it.

love music

Saver2 is a brilliant piece of work.

You have this method nailed with a Tor enabled proxy coupled with the versatility of using plug-ins.

I'm running a Win03 box outside of the US using Tor. Your Pandora client in turbo mode is just awesome.

A two thumbs up effort. You should be very proud of yourself.

YZF

:)

Hi!

Pandora radio is not available in my country - Portugal.

I have found tv243.com a great alternative for it.

love music

Looks like it just spams youtube videos. The youtube saver should work for it, in settings on the youtube tab select treat all videos as songs. I'm not sure if they will have a title or not, though (depends on how it does the videos).

BTW, if you set up tor you can listen to pandora in other countries.

I suspect it could be Tor timing out or failing to resolve an IP address, causing this crash. BTW Tor is very simple to set up for use with Saver2.

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM Pandora: sniffed Radiohead - "House Of Cards" on 'In Rainbows' (ID S989535)

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM S989535: Started downloading

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM StreamPlayer: Data pipe ready

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM StreamPlayer: Beginning song download

2/10/2010 11:54:07 AM StreamPlayer: Pipe connected

2/10/2010 11:54:17 AM StreamPlayer: Starting data transfer

2/10/2010 11:54:17 AM #420 GET http://images-ash-t2-1.pandora.com/images/...5_130W_130H.jpg

2/10/2010 11:54:18 AM S989535: Got album art

2/10/2010 11:55:44 AM StreamPlayer: Song download complete

2/10/2010 11:55:44 AM S989535: Finished downloading

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM S989535: Song AART ready, submitting

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM Saver2: Processing song Radiohead - "House Of Cards" on 'In Rainbows' (ID S989535)

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM FILE SAVED, Source: Pandora; MP3 format, 5286764 bytes

2/10/2010 11:55:46 AM #421 GET http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv...t=relevancerank

2/10/2010 11:55:46 AM Using 4a proxy to resolve addr

2/10/2010 11:58:58 AM Something has went horribly wrong in SProxy.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)

at Proxy.CORE.LaunchURL(String URL) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\CORE.cs:line 108

at Proxy.MainForm.linkLabel1_LinkClicked_1(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\MainForm.cs:line 431

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #422 GET /log

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #423 GET /proxyicon.gif

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #425 GET /log

2/10/2010 11:59:35 AM #426 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:35 AM StreamPlayer: Done sending data

2/10/2010 11:59:37 AM #427 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:37 AM #428 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM Client: Song finished playback

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM Client: Starting playback of song Telepopmusik - "Breathe" on 'Genetic World' (ID S118823)

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM StreamPlayer: Play URL http://audio-sjl-t2-2.pandora.com/access/1...%2B03V6bFUhc%3D

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM #429 GET http://audio-sjl-t2-2.pandora.com/access/1...%2B03V6bFUhc%3D

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM #429: Exemption key Pandora-Vital forcing exempt

2/10/2010 12:00:48 PM StreamPlayer: Exception while starting --> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Client.StreamPlayer.Play(String URL, String exArgs) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\StreamPlayer.cs:line 334

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM Client: Failed to play song, trying again

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM Client: Starting playback of song Daft Punk - "Something About Us (Love Theme From Interstella 5555)" on 'Daft Club' (ID S154140)

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM StreamPlayer: Play URL http://audio-sjl-t2-1.pandora.com/access/8...WtUYQn91FiXU%3D

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM #430 GET http://audio-sjl-t2-1.pandora.com/access/8...WtUYQn91FiXU%3D

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM #430: Exemption key Pandora-Vital forcing exempt

2/10/2010 12:01:49 PM StreamPlayer: Exception while starting --> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at Client.StreamPlayer.Play(String URL, String exArgs) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\StreamPlayer.cs:line 334

2/10/2010 12:01:50 PM Client: ERROR Playback Error: HTTP streaming failure

I suspect it could be Tor timing out or failing to resolve an IP address, causing this crash. BTW Tor is very simple to set up for use with Saver2.

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM Pandora: sniffed Radiohead - "House Of Cards" on 'In Rainbows' (ID S989535)

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM S989535: Started downloading

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM StreamPlayer: Data pipe ready

2/10/2010 11:54:06 AM StreamPlayer: Beginning song download

2/10/2010 11:54:07 AM StreamPlayer: Pipe connected

2/10/2010 11:54:17 AM StreamPlayer: Starting data transfer

2/10/2010 11:54:17 AM #420 GET http://images-ash-t2-1.pandora.com/images/...5_130W_130H.jpg

2/10/2010 11:54:18 AM S989535: Got album art

2/10/2010 11:55:44 AM StreamPlayer: Song download complete

2/10/2010 11:55:44 AM S989535: Finished downloading

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM S989535: Song AART ready, submitting

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM Saver2: Processing song Radiohead - "House Of Cards" on 'In Rainbows' (ID S989535)

2/10/2010 11:55:45 AM FILE SAVED, Source: Pandora; MP3 format, 5286764 bytes

2/10/2010 11:55:46 AM #421 GET http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv...t=relevancerank

2/10/2010 11:55:46 AM Using 4a proxy to resolve addr

2/10/2010 11:58:58 AM Something has went horribly wrong in SProxy.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)

at Proxy.CORE.LaunchURL(String URL) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\CORE.cs:line 108

at Proxy.MainForm.linkLabel1_LinkClicked_1(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\MainForm.cs:line 431

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #422 GET /log

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #423 GET /proxyicon.gif

2/10/2010 11:59:34 AM #425 GET /log

2/10/2010 11:59:35 AM #426 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:35 AM StreamPlayer: Done sending data

2/10/2010 11:59:37 AM #427 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:37 AM #428 GET /favicon.ico

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM Client: Song finished playback

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM Client: Starting playback of song Telepopmusik - "Breathe" on 'Genetic World' (ID S118823)

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM StreamPlayer: Play URL http://audio-sjl-t2-2.pandora.com/access/1...%2B03V6bFUhc%3D

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM #429 GET http://audio-sjl-t2-2.pandora.com/access/1...%2B03V6bFUhc%3D

2/10/2010 11:59:48 AM #429: Exemption key Pandora-Vital forcing exempt

2/10/2010 12:00:48 PM StreamPlayer: Exception while starting --> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM Client: Failed to play song, trying again

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM Client: Starting playback of song Daft Punk - "Something About Us (Love Theme From Interstella 5555)" on 'Daft Club' (ID S154140)

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM StreamPlayer: Play URL http://audio-sjl-t2-1.pandora.com/access/8...WtUYQn91FiXU%3D

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM #430 GET http://audio-sjl-t2-1.pandora.com/access/8...WtUYQn91FiXU%3D

2/10/2010 12:00:49 PM #430: Exemption key Pandora-Vital forcing exempt

2/10/2010 12:01:49 PM StreamPlayer: Exception while starting --> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

2/10/2010 12:01:50 PM Client: ERROR Playback Error: HTTP streaming failure

No, .NET is being pants on head retarded and refusing to launch a URL (the log link, on the main window, that you clicked) which in turn caused a fatal error causing the server thread to be stopped. When the messagebox that pops up is clicked it would have closed.

Though, the only time i've seen that specific error is when running under wine because the wine shellexecute evidently does not expect to be passed URLs, which is a perfectly valid operation under windows and functions as expected.

hey man thanks for update you are perfect!

i have a request if you can add this option that would be perfect for proxy users!

fasxxxxx2.th.jpg

that automatic proxy settings option can be added on sproxy?

frfaxxx.th.jpg

sorry if there is a option like that in sproxy i couldnt find it.

thanks again!

If you mean to set firefox's proxies automatically; no, can't be done because firefox does not provide an interface to do so outside of killing the process and writing to the user prefs file manually, which is very icky.

If you mean to take the proxy settings from firefox, that could probably be done.

If you mean to set firefox's proxies automatically; no, can't be done because firefox does not provide an interface to do so outside of killing the process and writing to the user prefs file manually, which is very icky.

If you mean to take the proxy settings from firefox, that could probably be done.

i mean can you add an option to sproxy, a proxy interface for enter the autoproxy settings.

for exp : i wanna use proxy in sproxy host. but my proxy settings are automaticly conf , so i need to type a http adress.

and you know sproxy supports http, socks 4/5. but no " automaticly proxy conf url " like firefox

sorry for bad english i hope you can understand what i try to say.