(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

I think the ideal idea would be to get meshing working with CAD and TrillyTunes IMHO.

....Still working on the graphics and such.

Grab the small opensource SoTWin here http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/SoTWin/1056385397/1

Pardon? I don't follow

I think the above poster is right. As long as this is being actively worked on and no red flags go off.

And we can still keep the functions fairly ethical. Keep the source closed for now and only allow it to those actually working religiously on the project.

Can do. I've put out dev stuff, it's an option in the installer. There really isn't that much to see in saver2 anyways, it's the plugins that get the work done.

Pardon? I don't follow

Can do. I've put out dev stuff, it's an option in the installer. There really isn't that much to see in saver2 anyways, it's the plugins that get the work done.

CAD is CD Art Display. TrillyTunes is a plugin for trillian astra.

CAD is CD Art Display. TrillyTunes is a plugin for trillian astra.

Not sure what you are getting at exactly...?

Update uploaded. I also made a few small changes to the XP gadget. Working on a new saver plugin, as well.

Thanks for the donation, caseyglenn :)

As always, if you have any questions or comments please post 'em here.

Changelog:

01/10/10: 1.2.2

The client has been completely seperated from the saver plugin. A side effect of this is all settings will be reset (due to the namespace change).

Client: Softvol is now disabled by default; translation - volume control is no longer laggy

Client: Fixed a bug causing the main window to stay faded in for too short a time on song change

Client: Volume control updated somewhat to scale properly from 0-100

Client: Volume now shown when changed for a moment

Client: Volume filter enabled on mplayer for a slight boost in output volume (offsets softvol max being disabled)

Client: Added tireSong Rpc method

Client: Streamplayer length estimation improved to some degree

Client: Fixed a bug causing the client be bugged and require a restart after deleting a station

Client: Classnames changed, build process for standalone and plugin integrated

Client: Positioning improved somewhat

Client: Buffering was completely nonfunctional, has now been fixed

Client: Player status now shown while loading song (buffering, connecting, etc)

Client: Streamplayer would kill mplayer when it was used for encoding; fixed

Client: Length estimation code improved somewhat so it is more accurate for 3 min+ songs

Client: Critical exceptions will now cause the client to fail cascade properly

Saver2: Update check behavior improved somewhat

Saver2: Vital files check returns; however, it does not attempt to validate (deemed as unneccisary)

Saver2: Added means for plugins to override organization structure (precursor to another plugin)

SProxy: Advanced settings exits a bit more kindly; should fix port in use errors

SProxy: Remove key button in adv settings hidden as it is broken and moreover not needed. (TODO: fix it)

Docs: Added advanced settings info page

Installer: Added manifest for Pandora.exe

Installer: Added PandoraClient.dll & pdb

What kind of sound file qualiaty do you guys get ripping form pandora? Io have never used it but seen this post arround for ever.. is it worth building one with an old machine? Do you get high qualiaty rips? is it an on demand thing?

Whenever you like, yes. You get 64kbs aacplus if you use the pandora website, 128kbs mp3 if you use my client or 192kbs if you have pandora one.

Thanks for the donation, max.

You still rock, bud. I finally got the latest version; and I'm thankful for the auto-update because I'm a damn lazy bastard :P

But I still clicked the donate button for you again. You deserve what little I can give :)

jYep :]

Thats the way I see it, even if everyone donated a very meager amount it would be great.

Whenever you like, yes. You get 64kbs aacplus if you use the pandora website, 128kbs mp3 if you use my client or 192kbs if you have pandora one.

Thanks for the donation, max.

I'm really concerned about this. Anyone up for a pandora 1 co-op ?

so with the pandora client you can get 192kb and it works no prob with your setup... can this be done remotely aka would you need a screen on the machine that ran this..

Thanks for your help

the computer that's saving doesn't need a screen. it's possible to have another computer setup with sproxy and then you just point your browser at it. you can't change config remotely, but you can select which songs to save (if you deign to use that option).

what you'd need to do is first set AllowNonLocal in settings to "True", then set ServerName to a sensible value (IP address or hostname). Hit yes (to restart SProxy) when you click OK.

Then, do the browser setup on the computer you want to do the actual listening (IE using browser or client) on using the addr of the computer with SProxy on it as proxy. You should be able to pull up a status page at http://<hostname>:<port>/

by default, the port is 8888.

Or, if you mean to let the headless computer rip songs by itself, that is also possible by using my client as it has a web interface.

---

besides the new plugin, i've added the capability for non-vital updates (and for auto update check to ignore them) and improved the update process. should be up in a day or two...

Is it just me, or did the sound quality drop with Pandora Client C1.3? Mine always sounds overamplified/overdriven now, no matter where I adjust the volume (in the client, in the mixer, or on my BT headphones). I get that characteristic distortion on any song that's even close to "loud".

I don't have this problem playing the mp3 files in other players.

Is it just me, or did the sound quality drop with Pandora Client C1.3? Mine always sounds overamplified/overdriven now, no matter where I adjust the volume (in the client, in the mixer, or on my BT headphones). I get that characteristic distortion on any song that's even close to "loud".

I don't have this problem playing the mp3 files in other players.

Hmm, I wondered if i heard that. Will fix shortly. There was a tiny volume boost filter applied in mplayer, but it seems to cause distortion no matter what it is set at; i put it to counter softvol max being reduced a bit. In the mean time, you can set UseSoftvol to true in adv. settings.

Much better. Thanks!

New version is up. I removed the vol boost. Let me know if there is still distortion.

Changelog:

Client: Removed vol boost as it was causing distortion

Client: Fixed a bug which caused the rate buttons to be nonfunctional in the rate songs dialog (thanks, vs, for removing all click events...)

Client: Added some missing text to login dialog... (thanks again, vs)

Saver2: Added facility for nonvital updates

Saver2: Update process streamlined

Stage2: Added new docs url (tor is supposed to show a help page when selected)

SProxy: Complete name specified when logging about defaulting

Dev: Added BuildDat, used to build dat files from the command line

Dev: Fixed bug in DatMaker (gui dat program)

This also added one touch updates - hit yes, it will download the update, hit ok (to install) when it is downloaded, it will install, and relaunch automatically.

By default, when installing saver2 it will have check for updates on start enabled but it will not prompt you to install non vital updates (unless you untick a box in settings).

Going to run the lot through a profiler later today and check for memory leaks; i was a bit shocked to see SProxy using 100mb of ram on startup. Looks like it was just a memory spike before GC: values are about what I expected now. (and profile values look right).

Ah, that song was 12 mb. And there would have been up to 3 copies in memory (one - SProxy receipt buffer, two- plugin mangling copy, three - the client's copy). Phew.

Works great now.

If you're open to feature requests:

- Allow clicking on the main screen while the "Rate Songs" dialog is open.

- Hyperlink the song name to the Pandora song page in "Rate Songs" and web song management.

- Limit the opacity in appearance to something sane (ie, visible). I accidentally hid my window once and had to hunt-and click for the "Menu" button on my screen just to get it back :-)

- Larger album artwork

- Toaster-style popups on song-change w/current rating (ala Pandora One or OpenPandora)

Works great now.

If you're open to feature requests:

- Allow clicking on the main screen while the "Rate Songs" dialog is open.

- Hyperlink the song name to the Pandora song page in "Rate Songs" and web song management.

- Limit the opacity in appearance to something sane (ie, visible). I accidentally hid my window once and had to hunt-and click for the "Menu" button on my screen just to get it back :-)

- Larger album artwork

- Toaster-style popups on song-change w/current rating (ala Pandora One or OpenPandora)

Larger album art has been oft-requested; there really isn't a clean way to implement it right now (though i should probably play around with the extra playlist options, maybe one of them is album art size?)

Can allow clicks, though currently it wouldn't add new songs to the list.

Hmm, clicking the task bar icon should have brought it back but i notice it does not. Will look into it.

Popups, do you mean like with a tray icon? (bubbles). This could be done easily w/ SProxy.

...oh, and I found a bug.

Rating songs no longer works in the "Rate Songs" dialog.

Check for updates (on the saver2 about page). This was fixed earlier.

Works great now.

+1 for that.

Although if we had CAD integration allot of issues like this would be solved. CAD also has Last.FM scrobbling I _think_.

Haven't played with that in a while. Bottom line, if S2 could communicate with CAD it would be the perfect mix.

PS: yay! i'm not a hakling anymore :)

+1 for that.

Although if we had CAD integration allot of issues like this would be solved. CAD also has Last.FM integration I _think_.

Haven't played with that in a while.

PS: yay! i'm not a hakling anymore :)

What is CAD, exactly? (dont think you are talking about computer aided design)

What is CAD, exactly? (dont think you are talking about computer aided design)

CAD is "CD Art Display" , its a program for the simple purpose of showing off your music and viewing at a glance what you are listening to and sharing it with others from your screen.

The developers are the original pioneers of this mentality.

This is where its at, this gives us all the features everyone has been claming for without going threw the headache of coding, and best of all its open source.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs42/i/2009/158...n_by_Lylndn.png

There are many skins available for CAD but this is the one I'm currently using ( the version on the left in the picture ).

Here's CAD at its best.

play_for_CAD_by_krissirk.png

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/222...by_krissirk.png

Ah. Hmm. I downloaded and installed it, but see no info for dev stuff. Neither are the plugins in a way i could have a look... i don't see source for it either. :S

Can you get some links or summat?

Not surprising, you need to have access to the beta. (which costs 10$ for a 10 year license)... I'll see what I can do.

They have a full SDK available for "premium" users.

Unless I can find the SDK by "other" means, It will have to be next week.

I've been planing to buy into the dev. version for a while.

I haven't played with this program in a while, however it seems from a birds eye view that its the best match for S2!

This would take care of all the features and issues we are claming about.

- Last.FM scrobbling (I _THINK_) , not sure about this one. But I THINK CAD does this.

- Feeds

- Skinable GUI

- Album Art display support

And it would bring development by others as well. (for skins and the SDK)

.... Then again this is all up to you, as its your baby.