Was at jack in the box and look who I saw

Somken

I went to jack in the box today for lunch. I looked up at the TVs they have to see what the weather was and look who was on the screen looking back at me.

img006y.jpg

51889417094482756274982.jpg

It looked to be stuck in a reboot loop because it would reboot every 5 minutes or so.

wha??? Damn small?

There's only one sad thing about this... Linux public fail.

No, linux didn't fail, the hardware did. This system is probably similar to Lodgenet Hotel TV systems. They run linux also and when the hardware fails it goes into a continous boot cycle. Saw it on a TV at Hampton inn.

Looks kinda like a knoppix-ish distro. Or not. Can't really tell. Anyone know the name of that splash program? I know it was used in the Knoppix startup.

It's always nice to see Linux outside of my cave.

Looks kinda like a knoppix-ish distro. Or not. Can't really tell. Anyone know the name of that splash program? I know it was used in the Knoppix startup.

It's always nice to see Linux outside of my cave.

Also in the Arch boot... pretty sure it's just in the linux kernel unless the distribution maintainers remove it.

Also in the Arch boot... pretty sure it's just in the linux kernel unless the distribution maintainers remove it.

I believe it's custom. IIRC, it's debian based at least the hotel one I saw. Quite a bit of information to see by reading all the text as it boots. ;)