Monthly Banishment!

Duelus

It would be a cool idea to ban one noob per month from the forums, not just any noob. You know like those noobs who spam a lot and make awful threads with out googling.

*cough* Syntaxerror *cough* *sneeze* GHRYGGZ *sneeze*

Perhaps darren should set up a ranking system, although he has a day job, it's just nice to play with the idea.

It would simply be a system where on each post another forum member has the choice of pressing "noob post". After a certian amount of noob post votes in a certian amount of time, the person gains the startus of forum noob, if there noob rating does not improve (i.e. they musn't get a cetian number of noob votes in a certian amount of time) the forum noob status is removed, else they get banned for a pre determined amount of time, say a week.

Sorry for awfull punctuation but, hay...

w00t... 900 posts...

Nobody is getting banned. Unless they're worse than syntax error. But that's a whole other story. I thought a moderation plugin like slashdot would be cool, but whatever I don't have time to do that sort of stuff.

Eventually we'll probably hand over forum responsabilities to someone else but for the time being I'm swamped with DVD, CFH, 2x01 work so I can't put any time into setting that up.

And no Duelus, we shouldnt ban someone every month just because we think they're a noob. See, we were all noobs once, and if I might say so myself you're pretty noobish yourself sometimes. (See OP). ;)

We're not stuck up elitests in this community, or at least I didnt think we were. Hak5 should be a newb (not n00b) friendly environment.

Well if we didn't have the n00bs around we would only be left to have intelligent sophisticated conversations and discussions about technology related matters...who the hell wants that

bring on the n00bs i say

Me thinks I would not like it in Duelus world

Since you can pritty much find anything on google it would make this forum wella bit boring no?

spam a lot and make awful threads

Everyone perceives things differently one man/womans span maybe anothers mid moring coffee break funny pages

Also see:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1389474113486697064

If you don't like a post, ignore it, there is no need to read something, get worked up and post angry replys calling for bans, IP's to attack them and other shit. Also, you forget that a lot of these "n00bs" are just kids who don't know how forums work yet, so with a bit of education and pointing in the right direction, they will make a worth while contribution. But random bans just make the forum look elitist, considering the show is pitched at all levels.

If you don't like a post, ignore it, there is no need to read something, get worked up and post angry replys calling for bans, IP's to attack them and other shit. Also, you forget that a lot of these "n00bs" are just kids who don't know how forums work yet, so with a bit of education and pointing in the right direction, they will make a worth while contribution. But random bans just make the forum look elitist, considering the show is pitched at all levels.

ignored :P

It would be a cool idea to ban one noob per month from the forums, not just any noob. You know like those noobs who spam a lot and make awful threads with out googling.

*cough* Syntaxerror *cough* *sneeze* GHRYGGZ *sneeze*

deulus i only took over your noob status a week afew days ago