Apple

Zimmer

I was just wondering has anyone else had a bad or good experience with apple?

I have recently I had a hard drive crash and I lost iTunes media luckily I had most of it backed up. But some file were sadly gone. I had tried many things and I then finally decided to contact apple. About nine hours later they had already contacted me saying that I could re download everything I had lost free of charge. I can know understand why people buy things with the apple tax and if there service is this good I see that their support rivals almost no one. So far the only support that could match apple is well Linux. Thanks apple.

Imho, you shouldn't have had to call customer service at all and that is complete BS. You paid for the files, why should you have to contact Apple if you want to download them again?

Because it'd be like buying Rock Band from Best Buy and having your house burn down and expecting Best Buy to give you a new one.

I don't think Amazon would do the same . . . , best part about Apple's tech support is that the people speak impeccable english and the waiting music is awesome (Cake, Gorillaz, Postal Service, Death Cab, YES PLEASE). I had to call Microsoft earlier this week to cancel my Xbox live subscription. Apparently when you buy one month on the Xbox it actually means, "One month recurring." The guy was from another country and had to go through all the MS-BS to convince to keep my account.

Talk about frustrating.

All in all, I've had Apple do several out of warranty repairs for free. They replaced my hard drive after it failed, replaced all the polycarbonate on my MacBook body because there were cracks, and given me a replacement iPod when my dock connector was damaged. Apple tends to know when you're sincere or not (ie: they won't replace some lying about their iPod that fell in the toilet).

I had a very good experience with their Help Line.

I wasn't really put on hold, I only heard music while being transferred and that was only for about 20 seconds.

My Problem was I got about half-a-beach worth of sand in my first iPhone and now none of the few buttons were working (and I had tried to clean it myself to no luck) and they very kindly sent me a little brush for free. (I had tried a little brush anyway but it was still nice of them, now I have two)

I had a very good experience with their Help Line.

I wasn't really put on hold, I only heard music while being transferred and that was only for about 20 seconds.

My Problem was I got about half-a-beach worth of sand in my first iPhone and now none of the few buttons were working (and I had tried to clean it myself to no luck) and they very kindly sent me a little brush for free. (I had tried a little brush anyway but it was still nice of them, now I have two)

Did the brush work?

I don't think I was put on hold either, just heard while being transferred too.

Because it'd be like buying Rock Band from Best Buy and having your house burn down and expecting Best Buy to give you a new one.

There's a difference between hardware and software.

If you buy an application on the iphone, and then delete it, you can buy it again, but you get a message saying that you have already pai for it, so you can download it with no charge. iTunes songs should operate in the same way, the only cost to apple for this would be bandwidth usage, and maintaining a database of iTnues ID's and the full list of everything you have purchased (which they likely have anyway)

I've only had to contact Apple support once, and I was very impressed. The only problem was after the computerized voice transferred me to an actual human, she had a thick Indian accent (outsourcing anyone?), and it was sometimes was hard to understand her. But once I got to an American (or at least someone I could understand), I was helped very well. I was offered a replacement iPod free of charge, and since it was the Product(Red) Nano, they would even donate the money again. However, my problem was eventually solved with trying it on another computer, she was very helpful.

Point being, if you need customer support you don't have to learn yourself (sorry Linux), trust Apple.

Hey Linux support has been excellent and free!

Funny that.

Apple is the devil is the devil. i detest itunes with a passion ( Therefore, I dont use it)

And backing up your shit it the solution. Daily.