Video Editing Software...

ZeR0BuG

For my new show i am going to using a mix of iMove HD, Final Cut Express HD, and SnapsProX. I may also use motion down the line when i get more funds together. I am kind of a whore for apple when it comes to editing gear just because they have done it so well for so long and there consumer stuff is really hard to beat.

Sony Vegas 6 is around £450 in the UK and makes light work of rendering high-def video for projects or just for fun if your desktop has two AMD Opteron 280 (Dual Core) and you have a couple of other boxes with dual Xeon’s.

It will also work fine on a laptop or average desktop but it will take more time when rendering footage.

The Vegas+DVD Production Suite combines Vegas® 6, DVD Architect™ 3, and Dolby Digital® AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. A must for the professional media producer, this suite lets you edit and process DV, HDV, and SD/HD-SDI in real-time, manipulate audio with unparalleled precision, and author DVDs.

I can get that for £316, do you think thats a pretty good deal?

I like Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects myself

Same, I have not tried sony vegas yet, but of the ones i have tried i prefer the adobe's.

I’ve played around with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and it was OK, it’s just not as powerful as Sony Vegas and Final Cut Pro.

The Vegas+DVD Production Suite combines Vegas® 6, DVD Architect™ 3, and Dolby Digital® AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. A must for the professional media producer, this suite lets you edit and process DV, HDV, and SD/HD-SDI in real-time, manipulate audio with unparalleled precision, and author DVDs.

I can get that for £316, do you think thats a pretty good deal?

I think it's a good deal. It's what I'm using to produce the show and dvd.