Acer Aspire One

Swanny14

So, I just recently ordered mine, it should be arriving soon. I've read in some of the reviews that the default distro is crippled and just plain bad, so I was wondering: What should I do with it? Should I leave the distro or should I install another one (which one?). Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated!

I also ordered an AAO: AOA150-1447 Sapphire Blue

it will be a dual boot ubuntu(possibly remix) and XP, bluetooth mini dongle and Logitech v470 bt mouse.

I will also be upgrading to full 1.5G ram and a 500G ext hd for rainbow/hash table storage

It will be accompanied by my Jaseger FON, and will be loaded with all my tools such as: CnA, winrtgen, rainbowcrack, hamster, ferret, as well as some custom arp poisoning and ssl hacking utils and a nice proxy server for full MITM. Not to mention tftp server that will push keloggers.

I'm also working on spoofing a domain controller using apr poisoning and dns spoofing to push keyloggers, and custom config files, all for the AAO.

I will also be using a Alfa AWUS036H network adapter over the built in one as it's ~500mW and fully supports injection.

I haven't decided if I'm going to do the touch screen mod and the 3G mod yet or not. I will probably upgrade the internal HD to 500G for extra hash and data storage.

I also ordered an AAO: AOA150-1447 Sapphire Blue

it will be a dual boot ubuntu(possibly remix) and XP, bluetooth mini dongle and Logitech v470 bt mouse.

I will also be upgrading to full 1.5G ram and a 500G ext hd for rainbow/hash table storage

It will be accompanied by my Jaseger FON, and will be loaded with all my tools such as: CnA, winrtgen, rainbowcrack, hamster, ferret, as well as some custom arp poisoning and ssl hacking utils and a nice proxy server for full MITM. Not to mention tftp server that will push keloggers.

I'm also working on spoofing a domain controller using apr poisoning and dns spoofing to push keyloggers, and custom config files, all for the AAO.

I will also be using a Alfa AWUS036H network adapter over the built in one as it's ~500mW and fully supports injection.

I haven't decided if I'm going to do the touch screen mod and the 3G mod yet or not. I will probably upgrade the internal HD to 500G for extra hash and data storage.

:o merry Christmas to you!!! But I wouldn't buy this computer ever. I would prefer something wit a little more meat to it. Like my Dell D620 with Core 2 DUO and 2GB RAM ;)

:o merry Christmas to you!!! But I wouldn't buy this computer ever. I would prefer something wit a little more meat to it. Like my Dell D620 with Core 2 DUO and 2GB RAM ;)

I just like the AAO for it's weight and it was my fav of all the ones I was able to get my personal hands on.

It was just a weight thing for me. I have a Asus G1 currently that I will be selling soon and replaceing with a macBook Pro 15" for development work. but the AAO is what I will carry with me.

has anyone sucessful used bt 3 with xwindow .. on the acer one i haven't been able to get the graphic interface to work due to low graphic mem on the netbook... also the acer one is bad for bois prob my failed with in a week .. the unit got bricked but there is a fix out there bios recovery...

My friend had problems with Debian not finding a bootloader.

I tried Ubuntu 8.04 and the last kernel update caused a lot of problems for me, so I moved to Fedora 10 and that runs well but has a few really annoying small bugs, so I'm going to give Ubuntu 8.10 a try soon.

If your upgrading the memory, upgrade the wireless card as well, get a a/b/g/n card, saves having to take it to bits more than once (disassembling it is sodding annoying).