iPod Hacks

mazmac24

Do you have an iPod?  

86 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

:arrow: Has anyone heard of any iPod hacks for the video iPod? I heard of one that changes the do not disconnect icon to something else but I haven't seen that for a while. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about iPod hacks. 8)

yeh i own a nano, get ipodwizard i think the latest version is 0.2 or something.

you can load your ipods firmware into that prog n then edit all the icons and text strings.

i made mine say '{Choonz}' instead of music :P n other things

iPods are crap. Not that I have a portable music player, my brother does, but it's not a iPod nor a Zen. A freind of his wanted to buy an iPod, I told him he shouldn't, and should get a Zen and the price diffrance is minimal but the quality is much better. He got the iPod any way, two months later the battary fucked up and I laughed in his face for not listening to my words of wisdom.

yeh i own a nano, get ipodwizard i think the latest version is 0.2 or something.

you can load your ipods firmware into that prog n then edit all the icons and text strings.

Same here, its really easy.

I dont own an ipod (dont have the money :( ) but im just wondering what happens if you edit something and it screws it up, is there a hard reset or something.

You can reset it to the fabric setup. But if it screws up REALLY bad and the fabric setup don´t work, not good.

I have a Ipod Photo and i have Linux on it so i can play videos and play iDoom, Half life and some other games on it.

I have the Ipod video. my parents got it at best buy with a 2 year replacement warranty. so if anything happens to it in those 2 years i could just bring it back to them and i get a new one :D. i have already done it once when it sorta dropped out of my pocket...... :oops:

I dont own an ipod (dont have the money :( ) but im just wondering what happens if you edit something and it screws it up, is there a hard reset or something.

You can reset it to the fabric setup. But if it screws up REALLY bad and the fabric setup don´t work, not good.

I have a Ipod Photo and i have Linux on it so i can play videos and play iDoom, Half life and some other games on it.

:shock: You have linux on your iPod? :shock:

:shock: You have linux on your iPod? :shock:

Yepp, sweet huh?

I guess you also want to have Linyx on you iPod?

Just follow the instructions.

http://ipodlinux.org/forums/viewtopic.php?...asc&start=0

• 2 months later...
Where the hell did you find Dreamcast Linux? I'v been looking for an ISo forever.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxdc

NetBSD

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/dreamcast/

Dreamcast Linux .cdi. I have done a test copy using Alcohol 120% so I know it works. The username is root and there is no password, just type startx once you have logged in, if you don’t know much about Linux.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/407440

• 2 weeks later...