What OS are your running on your eeepc laptop

DeGrijze

Ok what the fuck are you on about? I installed Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 on my EeePC, I then proceeded to install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, I then OH MY GOD you guessed it, installed Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. So what is your problem?

Ok what the fuck are you on about? I installed Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 on my EeePC, I then proceeded to install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, I then OH MY GOD you guessed it, installed Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. So what is your problem?

wow unnecessarily hostile.

• 3 weeks later...
windows xp nlited down a bit.

sound drivers dont work. any help please?

Oke getting de sound drivers to work in windows xp nlite is simple ones you know how. :lol:

Start with:

1) Go into control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager, found the PCI Unknown device, right clicked it, chose "uninstall..."

2) Installed WinRAR from www.rarlabs.com

3) Ran WinRAR, then explore the eee CD to: drivers\audio\driver\mshdqfe\Win2K_XP\us\

and select "sb888111xpsp2.exe" open it in WinRAR (which wil shows the files inside)

4) Extracted all to the dekstop under folder "audioupdate"

5) Its windows so Reboot

6) The found new hardware wizard appeared... chose the manual install or specify a location,

Then selected System Devices -> Have Disk..., then Browse... and brows to the desktop\audioupdate\commonfiles folder

7) Inside THAT folder there are some files that are selectable. chose hdaudbus (or maybe hdaudio (sorry can not remember any more)), if it doesn't work try both It should then detect Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and go on to install the driver

8) After that the driver installs, it takes a while as it sets up a bunch of new devices

9) Finally when it's all done you should have sound. The volume icon will not appear so go into control panel -> sounds and turned it off/on with the checkbox.. but it will started making a sound right away on (re)boot

10) This will be the end of your nightmare to get the sound working!! Now you will sleep sweet dreams!

Gerard

Oke getting de sound drivers to work in windows xp nlite is simple ones you know how. :lol:

Start with:

1) Go into control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager, found the PCI Unknown device, right clicked it, chose "uninstall..."

2) Installed WinRAR from www.rarlabs.com

3) Ran WinRAR, then explore the eee CD to: drivers\audio\driver\mshdqfe\Win2K_XP\us\

and select "sb888111xpsp2.exe" open it in WinRAR (which wil shows the files inside)

4) Extracted all to the dekstop under folder "audioupdate"

5) Its windows so Reboot

6) The found new hardware wizard appeared... chose the manual install or specify a location,

Then selected System Devices -> Have Disk..., then Browse... and brows to the desktop\audioupdate\commonfiles folder

7) Inside THAT folder there are some files that are selectable. chose hdaudbus (or maybe hdaudio (sorry can not remember any more)), if it doesn't work try both It should then detect Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and go on to install the driver

8) After that the driver installs, it takes a while as it sets up a bunch of new devices

9) Finally when it's all done you should have sound. The volume icon will not appear so go into control panel -> sounds and turned it off/on with the checkbox.. but it will started making a sound right away on (re)boot

10) This will be the end of your nightmare to get the sound working!! Now you will sleep sweet dreams!

Gerard

THANK YOU SOO MUCH

no more nightmares for me :P

Glad to help.

Got mine EeePc 701 striped down to the bone today so i'am able to put in a mini usb hub and a mini bluetooth adapter and some extra workspace mem: bij means of (stript down to the bone) usb sticks.

When i got my digi (macro) fotocam back i wil make som picture's and post them.

Gerard