new laptop

wetelectric

Lenonovos are amazing machines but, check to make sure the hardware is compatible. I just got rid of my new lenovo X61 for a mac since the video card had really bad support. They use intel graphics cards (unless you upgrade to one without) which are open source but not enough people in the community have them to make it go well.

The X61 was a newer model, so I may have just bought it to early.

Thanks guys.

The Q45 does look nice, I may spend the extra to get something decent. Depends on how much Guiness I consume between now and the next pay packet. Knowing me though, I will drink like a fish and opt for a cheap 12inch. That last sentence sounds so wrong. ;)

Got to agree Lenovo are doing a good job with the "thinkpads" I am very impressed with my X41

Had it from here http://www.tier1online.com/Items/Item.aspx...ablet%20Edition

It is "refurbished" and comes with just the charger, but apart from the screen lid showing marks the laptop was in A1 condition, I think I paid £350 around 3 months ago.

(Keep in mind the first laptop they shipped me was a plain Lenovo 41 - and it was in a very shitty condition :angry: anyway they arranged for collection [at their expense] and they shipped out the X41 [Tablet] which I ordered)

:lol: take it for what you will

Got to agree Lenovo are doing a good job with the "thinkpads" I am very impressed with my X41

Had it from here http://www.tier1online.com/Items/Item.aspx...ablet%20Edition

It is "refurbished" and comes with just the charger, but apart from the screen lid showing marks the laptop was in A1 condition, I think I paid £350 around 3 months ago.

(Keep in mind the first laptop they shipped me was a plain Lenovo 41 - and it was in a very shitty condition :angry: anyway they arranged for collection [at their expense] and they shipped out the X41 [Tablet] which I ordered)

:lol: take it for what you will

loving that tablet thing.. never seen one! But yea, it looks fugly and I would probably have to conjure up Satan herself to get it to work on Linux :)