SOME youtube videos not playing

simcon

I am been having some trouble with youtube for the last few weeks. I know quite a lot about computers but can not figure this out.

When i try and watch a youtube video it either works or just stays on the loading screen. If i try and watch one of those videos that are not working though another website (embedded) it says that the video is no longer available (but it is as other people watched it and commented on it). In the bottom left of my screen it says (well on this occasion):

Waiting for dal-v94.dal.youtube.com...

I am using the latest firefox so that is not the problem. I have also go the latest flash version. It seems (mostly) the the older videos are not working and the newer ones are. I can almost always watch the featured videos off the youtube homepage.

I have also tried downloading the videos in a couple of ways but i just get an error message

I am not having any trouble with any of the other video services like metacafe, Only youtube.

Thanks in advance.

Well, that other people were able to watch the video doesn't mean it's still on youtube, does it? Have you tried watching the videos from another computer, maybe at a friends house? Or just post some of the ones that are not working here so we can try them!

You said that you can watch new one, but not old one. Well, I guess they are just no longer on the server or sth. As I said, post some links and we can try it.

I am been having some trouble with youtube for the last few weeks. I know quite a lot about computers but can not figure this out.

When i try and watch a youtube video it either works or just stays on the loading screen. If i try and watch one of those videos that are not working though another website (embedded) it says that the video is no longer available (but it is as other people watched it and commented on it). In the bottom left of my screen it says (well on this occasion):

Waiting for dal-v94.dal.youtube.com...

I am using the latest firefox so that is not the problem. I have also go the latest flash version. It seems (mostly) the the older videos are not working and the newer ones are. I can almost always watch the featured videos off the youtube homepage.

I have also tried downloading the videos in a couple of ways but i just get an error message

I am not having any trouble with any of the other video services like metacafe, Only youtube.

Thanks in advance.

I get this all the time on School computers. normally due to mass bandwidth allocations, or just slow ass connection.

I get this all the time on School computers. normally due to mass bandwidth allocations, or just slow ass connection.

Yeah, are you watching these from home? Or from some place like a school's connection, because they may filter a lot of stuff.

It may be the high connection to youtube, because i couldn't watch one video this morning but now i can. One of the videos i can't watch atm is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a0GtUnn2EMM

I can watch that one just fine. Have you tried the video in another version of FF? Sometimes some versions have trouble, other times it doesn't. Have you updated your flash player?