I'm new...

Employee

Hello, I'm a new person to hacking, I'm 15 and live in northern virginia, I just recentley got kicked out of school for using kiddie scripts which I found on the internet to crack administrative passwords (Not a very good desicion) Now I would like to get into more of software and hardware hacking out look. So any suggjestions on how to get out in the field would be great. I have watched a couple IPTV shows including Hak.5 of course, I've learned a few tricks but am wondering if anyone else could point me into more of an indepth hacking. So suggjestions are welcome.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I'd do is learn about the various laws there are regarding misuse of computers. You've already been kicked out once, and trust me on this, life does not get more forgiving the worse you screw up. There's some english dude your goverment wants to jail for 60yrs and he was only using blank XP passwords and remote desktop. Its all fun and games, and when your 15 your bullet proof i know, but trust me, learn to tread softly before you start carrying a big stick.

Also, do you work for a newspaper? I would say FOX but your spelling and grammer isn't what we normally see from 15year olds.

Yes as in expelled, I have to go to an alternative school where I'm not allowed to touch the computers but I'm working with my teacher to gain trust, and you are very correct VaKo I read up on a lot of laws so I knew what I got my self into. I did find laws that we're complete bull, they use tricky words and phrases to catch you in many instances with one law. The school wasn't very mad noting I did turn my self in completely as in not to get in more trouble I also told them how I did it. Which I'm guessing made them happy so they didn't press charges. Now that this has happend I know I have to be careful what I do or say and I'm glad nothing bad happend. And its true I thought I was bulletproof but this was probably the best experince I could have to make me notice I'm not because this is a proffesion I want to get into.

Thank you for the grammar compliment. No I don't work for a news paper, I take my time when I'm introuble to read, learn, and question. So I like to keep my facts straight.

Thats cool, now the bad news is you've got more reading to do... a lot more reading. Things like slashdot.org or digg.com, especially the comments. Wikipedia is another great source of info. Learn to google every multi-sylobol word in some articles.

Hacking wise, i'd get hold of your own router and a few dirt cheap old PC's. That way you can play around with things like networking, linux etc. Maybe even run a file server/media center on it. Advantage of that is no ones going to have a problem with you hacking your own PC's. Nothing fancy, my "server" is a 6 year old cheapo desktop running headless.

Basically, your on the right path, if you read, lurk around forums, ask inteligent questions you'll shake the script kiddie thing and go on to better things.

:D VaKo I like to read you act like its a bad thing, the only time I dred it is when it is not interesting. Do you like to suggjest those sites alot? I've been reading some forum threads and you like to post the same sites, which obviously means you like them. I have a couple old computers, and I have my parents modem and router down here. (In my room I mean) So should I still get my own?(Noting this is my parents) And are there any programming languages I should look into?

I love to read, I just like to impress on people its importance. And a lot of people go "what?.... reading?!... STFU!". Digg and Slashdot are two sites i recommend simply because there good. The comments systems are a very good source of information, mainly because they usually go massivly off topic and lead you down some very unexpected aveues. Plus, they also link to other similar sites which in turn have more useful information. Everyone has a portfolio of different sites, blogs, feeds etc that they read, but Digg and Slashdot are 2 sites anyone into computers should read.

Getting your own stuff, on your own router is basically a way of limiting damage to your own stuff. Want to crack a php thingy on a website? Run a webserver on your own network with that on it, so when you screw up its your own stuff thats effected. No police that way lol. Doesn't have to be yours owned outright, just seperate from the rest of the house.

I don't know if this is a non-intellegent question, because I have heard of people learning binary code. Is it something that would help me farther into the career of hacking, moding, and programming? If it is I found a tutorail from the link Luka_Krmptoic. Also should I try to learn maybe two languages? Like 'Visual Basic' and C# C++.

Try a few "hello world" things in various languages? If you've never done anything like programming before, i'd start with html & css (not programming i know) and the move on to PHP. Simply because it teaches you how to type, edit and think in code, rather than english. Then you can just play around with the various options until you find something that works well for you.

I have done HTML (note a long time ago), I also taken a class on Visaul Basic. In Visaul basic I didn't learn much because once I got in there I was pretty much screwed over hence the teacher was also learning. So yea I start looking back into HTML I really did want to make a website.

Few books to look into:

Hacking exposed: (web applications/network security/windows/linux and unix - these are different books)

Art of Deception (by Kevin Mitnick)

Art of Intrusion (again by Kevin Mitnick)

Few useful sites for information:

http://www.cotse.com/

http://blacklisted411.net/

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/

http://www.informationleak.net/

Because you create a system that works, allows people to do there school work, the teachers to communicate and is running smoothly. Then some little shite with a flash stick full of script kiddy crap comes and pisses all over your network. Dealing with a system that has say 300 computers, a bunch of servers etc is a very different world to your home PC. That breaks down... oh dear, you fuck up 300 computers and the techs will probally want you tied to a goal post and shot WW1 style.

Honestly, if you want to see if you can break into a school system, go up to the admin and ask if you could test his work by pen testing it with him watching over you. If you throughly explain to him what you're are doing, it can be a learning experience for both of you. You will learn that you're are capable of gaining access to a network and admin controls (and if not, then you can try other ways to get around blocks - testing your knowledge). And the admin can learn how to better secure his network from then on so that skript kiddies down the line can't take the easy way in to screw with the system.

Off topic? Yes I know.

Also, have a look at neuro linguistic programming and social enginering... there kinda the forgotten exploits. Like armadaender says, its suprising how far you can get by asking the right questions.

People care about other people touching their networks simply because when they break it they have to fix it.

Also schools generally have to work a lot towards getting good ICT facilities which means they are rightly-so overprotective of what they have.

I’m more of a hardware guy then a software guy but coding is an integral part of anything, I would recommend you learn Assembler and C as they are always useful, “The Art of Assembly†is a nice book for beginners and “Practical C Programming†and “Embedded C Programming and the Microchip PIC†are two good books another book I would recommend is “Computer Organization and Architectureâ€.

You may also want to check out “The Art of Electronicsâ€

You may want to learn:

Pascal

LISP

C++

C#

Java

Ruby

Perl

PHP

Python

COBOL

It is arguable on what are the best to learn, but I say learn everything you can and that will put you in good stead for the rest of your life.