Does anyone still scrobble?

wetelectric

Used to. Now I'm kinda... meh. Maybe once I've got my fileserver running again (the place I'm keeping it in gets too warm, and anywhere else I get annoyed by the noise. Need to install some ventilation where it's at right now) I'll have at it again. I never did care much for it, but I wouldn't mind letting people know what music I like to listen to.

Using a unique music recommendation system known as "Audioscrobbler", Last.fm builds a detailed profile of each user's musical taste by recording details of all the songs the user listens to, either on the streamed radio stations or on the user's own computer or iPod.

I believe someone was thinking about writing a similar thing for Icecast (I can’t be bothered to look for the post). Anyway I throw something together back then, I’m not sure if I will release it as I don’t like releasing code for free, as you never know when you will want to use it in another project and make some money of it.

I believe someone was thinking about writing a similar thing for Icecast (I can’t be bothered to look for the post).

Yeah, that was me. The icecast client logged to a file which track was currently playing, which would be trivial to read and send to Last.FM. I never did anything with or about it because as stated above I kinda lost interest.

• 2 weeks later...