Is it possible to live without Active Directory?

Guest requiemnoise

Guest requiemnoise
Its ironic, my windows install seems to be fine after nearly a year, but Ubuntu is less than a month old and already gnome is broke.

That's what windows users like to say before they go on the net...

They all say they are virus free too. What a concept, definition based cure...

Maybe, I am safe. Maybe, I am not.

Maybe... Just maybe.

No mate, its called anti-virus, a local firewall and a hardware firewall. Its really not that hard to use windows without getting a virus, or spyware. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet about windows?

Guest requiemnoise
No mate, its called anti-virus, a local firewall and a hardware firewall. Its really not that hard to use windows without getting a virus, or spyware. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet about windows?

once again, i don't think you really understand about the windows libraries.

let's talk about something else. i don't want to be rude, but this isn't a good debate.

Guest requiemnoise
Why not? Explain your point.

Do you program? Do know how kernel works? Have you really look into how OS functions inside? Hey, it is a good thing we have choices. However, if you want a toaster that you have to constantly mod, clean, exploding toasts make your heart fill with joy, set all your toasts on fire, and reboots, go Windows. If you want a good programming and computing environment, go LINUX and (x)BSD. We got options.

requiemnoise, I don't really understand what you are talking about of half the time, you seem to talk in non-sequiturs.

once again, i don't think you really understand about the windows libraries.

let's talk about something else. i don't want to be rude, but this isn't a good debate.

How is that related to what VaKo said?

i like toast.

You keep saying that Windows is 'evil' and that it cant do its job, but u fail to see, that windows is the one making the cash, Mac is pullin in second, and over 3/4's of the earths population has never even heard of Linux.

Windows does its job, and does it perfectly, it is built for a computer 'user', who checks there Email, Makes presetations, Watches / Downloads / Edits media. If you wanna know what Windows is built for, then simply just check the products that MS have to offer, Windows will run them perfectly.

MS un-stable? ok im no programer... but ive tried. Ive never had an issue, were my computer has crashed running one of my applications under perfect conditions, the only time she crashs is where my Yuppi'ness programing skills come in, and my program becomes more deadly than anythink else (sadly way~ to offten).

Guest requiemnoise
How is that related to what VaKo said?

It took me a while to go through the archives are noticed the level of understanding. No harm.

Guest requiemnoise
i like toast.

You keep saying that Windows is 'evil' and that it cant do its job, but u fail to see, that windows is the one making the cash, Mac is pullin in second, and over 3/4's of the earths population has never even heard of Linux.

Windows does its job, and does it perfectly, it is built for a computer 'user', who checks there Email, Makes presetations, Watches / Downloads / Edits media. If you wanna know what Windows is built for, then simply just check the products that MS have to offer, Windows will run them perfectly.

MS un-stable? ok im no programer... but ive tried. Ive never had an issue, were my computer has crashed running one of my applications under perfect conditions, the only time she crashs is where my Yuppi'ness programing skills come in, and my program becomes more deadly than anythink else (sadly way~ to offten).

I can't convince someone who never really tried. It is like trying to convince someone some place in Africa is more beautiful than here. If you never tried, it is pointless. That is why I didn't want to further the argument. It is pointless to argue if a person hasn't compared. It seems to me, I don't think some of you do what you say for living. I might be in a wrong forum. It seems like most of you are students, not IT or security professionals. I am sorry I was intruding.

I'm not sure what your trying to say. My point is that Microsoft, there tactics and there products shaped the idea of a home computer in the 90's and this its subsequent evolution as a product. You may not like what they have done, but you can't change history. Yes, they may have acquired, copied, stolen, borrowed, bought out, finagled, lucked and lawyered there way to the top, but you can't doubt there influence over the evolution of the home PC in the mid 90's to early 2000's. Laptop design is an example of this.  Without there global influence I doubt we'd have the same level of uniformity in todays PC hardware design. MS's market share would probally be split between a handful of Apple-esq companies with competing platforms.

Despite not being a programmer I  do use *nix for both servers and desktops, so I do understand the differences. What I'm asking you to do is to explain why the windows libraries make windows bad. If you have knowledge I don't have, I'd quite like to hear it.

Why not? Explain your point.

Do you program? Do know how kernel works? Have you really look into how OS functions inside? Hey, it is a good thing we have choices. However, if you want a toaster that you have to constantly mod, clean, exploding toasts make your heart fill with joy, set all your toasts on fire, and reboots, go Windows. If you want a good programming and computing environment, go LINUX and (x)BSD. We got options.

I'd rather know that no matter the type/brand/size/color of bread/muffins/bagels I buy my toaster will cook them,  then have my toaster never burn just one type of bread

i like toast.

I can't convince someone who never really tried. It is like trying to convince someone some place in Africa is more beautiful than here. If you never tried, it is pointless. That is why I didn't want to further the argument. It is pointless to argue if a person hasn't compared. It seems to me, I don't think some of you do what you say for living. I might be in a wrong forum. It seems like most of you are students, not IT or security professionals. I am sorry I was intruding.

Dude just because he disagrees with you dos not make him stupid... and as he's said in this very thread he uses *inx *BSD and Windows * 

and saying you don't want to talk about/have a discussion is very strange because you are on a forum http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/forum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum

and props to VaKo becasue twice you have insulted him(and others) and have not (till now) been called on it

Guest requiemnoise

calling this site hak is very misleading.

anyway,good day. if he does use Linux/BSD, i don't have to answer his questions. installing and using an OS is a very different subject. i didn't know the level of discussion until now. you guys have a lovely night.

anyway,good day. if he does use Linux/BSD, i don't have to answer his questions. installing and using an OS is a very different subject. i didn't know the level of discussion until now. you guys have a lovely night.

dude does this even make sense to anyone?

haha, yea i think it is the most confusing flame i have ever recived

No but what did you expect after reading his previous posts? I just cant understand why after being asked several times he couldn't explain what his problem with windows and windows libraries are although I'm sure even if he did post it no one would be able to understand.

No but what did you expect after reading his previous posts? I just cant understand why after being asked several times he couldn't explain what his problem with windows and windows libraries are although I'm sure even if he did post it no one would be able to understand.

Because he had no answer, he was blatantly trolling. Just another of the "Micro$haft Winblowz suxx04rz" group I'm afraid.

Anyway, show's over, move along, nothing to see here.