Dvorak

daedalus

I'm very tempted to do that with my laptop

Warning: moving around laptop keys can be quite difficult, they're not always as simple as those on a normal keyboard.

I've been tempted to try out that layout but I just know it will take a long time to get as good on that as I am on a normal qwerty. Also, even if I use one at home dvorak keyboards are not that common in the wild around here so it would probably just slow me down overall.

I think its cool but with all of the computers I support it would be a pain to have to go back and forth. It's one of those things, like default UI settings, that I just learn to live with.

Back in the day when I stayed up 'till 4am playing Doom2 and coding Qbasic I'd spend hours pimping my desktop and trying out all sorts of freeware. These days I just take whats given to me and make it work. The last thing I need is to spend all of that time reconfiguring every machine I touch on a daily basis.

But still, I think its a spiffy keyboard layout and I've heard nothing but great stuff from the /. crowd about how well it works, especially for carpal tunnel.

I will never again  try and move laptop keys they just don't go back on. anyway I have played with it at school thiers a kid whos allways changeing the lab PC's to dvorak.

Hehe, when my "v" key came off on my old laptop I tried everything to get it back on, including glue as a last ditch method, which did work a bit, but it kept coming off again. In the end I had to buy a new keyboard for £60, damn Toshiba!

Hehe, when my "v" key came off on my old laptop I tried everything to get it back on, including glue as a last ditch method, which did work a bit, but it kept coming off again. In the end I had to buy a new keyboard for £60, damn Toshiba!

[/quote

LoL let me know next time I still have the one I pulled out of my Gateway laying around.