No HakShop Page For Signal Owl?

aethernaut

Depending on what part of the world you are living in, the chance might not be missed after all. There are at least 3 resellers within the EU that has the Signal Owl in stock at the moment. More expensive, yes, but still a possible way to get hold of a brand new one.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:25 PM, chrizree said:

There are at least 3 resellers within the EU that has the Signal Owl in stock at the moment. More expensive, yes, but still a possible way to get hold of a brand new one.

Yes, but why pay though the nose for a product that Hak5, for reason(s) as yet unknown, does not even sell anymore? Is it even supported? It has not had a firmware update for 13 months. The Signal Owl was only introduced a month before that...

If it has turned out to be more of a "turkey" than an "owl" Hak5 should at least give customers an idea as to why they have had to remove it from sale.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, aethernaut said:

Yes, but why pay though the nose for a product that Hak5, for reason(s) as yet unknown, does not even sell anymore? Is it even supported? It has not had a firmware update for 13 months. The Signal Owl was only introduced a month before that...

If it has turned out to be more of a "turkey" than an "owl" Hak5 should at least give customers an idea as to why they have had to remove it from sale.

Foxtrot mentioned it in discord. They discontinued it because....I don't know exactly. But I think it was because of the lack of costumers.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lain__D said:

@kuyaya It's a bit confusing that Hacker warehouse pulled the item too, unless they just magically sold their entire stock in a few days?

Does the signal owl have cool but dangerous features that they are afraid of "us" finding out about? 

Uhm, the Hak5 shop stopped selling it like 8 weeks ago. It's not "a few days". It's totally possible that their stock got also sold out after 8 weeks, especially when people realise it's not fabricated anymore.

I don't think that there are "dangerous hacking features" that they are afraid of "us" finding about. Sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory. I mean, if it had those dangerous features, they could sell more of them, which would make them more money. So I don't think that's the case. Maybe it just wasn't worth it anymore producing it.

Archived