Vista - indexing service

Guest ABC

how the fuck do you turn it off! ... Its annoying the hell outa me!

every time i play games all the temp. files are being indexes and it lags.

i cant hit stop service, it just says "the operation could not be completed. access is denied."

Its better than XP in some respects but in a few years its going to be far far better overall. Right now its at the same level that XP an 2K were at a few years back. Wait until at least SP1 (due November '07).

Its better than XP in some respects but in a few years its going to be far far better overall. Right now its at the same level that XP an 2K were at a few years back. Wait until at least SP1 (due November '07).

I am dual booting with XP now, I am pretty close to letting Vista go till SP1. It's just so damn pretty. Who knows, after a few months in the wild and some patches, it may be all good. My biggest complaint is still the fact that it won't work with Samba.

Yet and the Samba guys are pissed about that too (if you haven't heard not it take like 100 pks instead of 8 to open a share in vista now...) but the Samba guys are fixing it (good for them)

I'm using Vista now I don't like that Standby is b0rk3d on my tecra but ehh no worse then linux... one of these days I will get my pen working in a debian fluxbox system...(I hope)

Well Vista is all right. I'll be writing a review on my site (www.1337computers.co.nr) within the next week, the main down side though is it wont take my gfx drives so i cant OC my gfx card. I tried putting xp on a 20 gig partion on my drive but it fucks the system and it wont even give me the boot selector. just hangs after it detects drives, but i could boot of the vista CD to repair it. any ideas on how i can get XP on that partion?

Well Vista is all right. I'll be writing a review on my site (www.1337computers.co.nr) within the next week, the main down side though is it wont take my gfx drives so i cant OC my gfx card. I tried putting xp on a 20 gig partion on my drive but it fucks the system and it wont even give me the boot selector. just hangs after it detects drives, but i could boot of the vista CD to repair it. any ideas on how i can get XP on that partion?

Back up youre vista OS uninstall

install XP first on the 20gig partition

install vista

restore your backup

btw, using GRUB will requier a 512MB ext2/3 partition on the HD unless you already have a etx2/3 partition.

Once you'v got that bit sorted, installing grub is as easy as loading the Ubuntu (or fluxbuntu) live CD and executing a single command as root.