WPA2 Hacking

canary

Hey there, I need your help. I was trying to hack my wifi, but there was a problem. The problem was after I changed my wifi's password, and got the handshake, I tried to crack the easiest password which is 12345678 with dictionary attack and it didn't work. After that I added the last password I used in the word list and it worked but my current password is 12345678. How could this be possible? And how to solve this stupid problem?

19 hours ago, INFOTRACE said:

Type the details as copy and paste is not without its problems 😎

Current password: 12345678

hashcat -m 2500 wpa2.hccapx -w 3 -a 0 wordlist.txt

Dictionary cache hit:
* Filename..: wordlist.txt
* Passwords.: 1
* Bytes.....: 9
* Keyspace..:1

Session..........: hashcat                       
Status...........: Exhausted
Hash.Name........: WPA-EAPOL-PBKDF2
Hash.Target......: **********************************
Time.Started.....: Tue Aug  6 11:50:20 2019 (0 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Tue Aug  6 11:50:20 2019 (0 secs)
Guess.Base.......: File (wordlist.txt)
Guess.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%)
Speed.#1.........:       29 H/s (4.01ms) @ Accel:128 Loops:512 Thr:64 Vec:1
Recovered........: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests
Progress.........: 1/1 (100.00%)
Rejected.........: 0/1 (0.00%)
Restore.Point....: 1/1 (100.00%)
Restore.Sub.#1...: Salt:0 Amplifier:0-1 Iteration:0-1
Candidates.#1....: 12345678 -> 12345678
Hardware.Mon.#1..: Temp: 50c Util:100% Core:1189MHz Mem:2505MHz Bus:16

I don't really know what kinda detail you wanted, but I think this should be enough.

It sounds like the password didn't change in the wifi to are hacking.

Or you are using a capture file from before the password change.

Verify the password change by forgetting wifi and then connecting with the new password, if the password has indeed changed, then make sure the capture file you are testing is the capture you took after the password change and not before.

I don't see how it could be any other issue as nothing in the wifi handshake contains a previously used password and still manages to authenticate.

21 minutes ago, Sentorion said:

Verify the password change by forgetting wifi and then connecting with the new password, if the password has indeed changed, then make sure the capture file you are testing is the capture you took after the password change and not before.

I don't see how it could be any other issue as nothing in the wifi handshake contains a previously used password and still manages to authenticate.

I have already tested what you all said. I changed my password and connected to it with my phone and captured the handshake. But nothing happened.

2 hours ago, Sentorion said:

Agreed.....all valid observations......

5 hours ago, canary said:

Current password: 12345678

I don't really know what kinda detail you wanted, but I think this should be enough.

It looks okay.....

I would look at this response and see how it works for you........good luck buddy🙏

2 hours ago, Sentorion said:

1 hour ago, INFOTRACE said:

It looks okay.....

I would look at this response and see how it works for you........good luck buddy🙏

I have already mentioned that I tried everything you told me. But nothing happened. Everything stayed same. So thanks for helping, but it didn't work.

50 minutes ago, canary said:

I have already mentioned that I tried everything you told me. But nothing happened. Everything stayed same. So thanks for helping, but it didn't work.

I am truly sorry 😐 to hear that buddy. I will try and do more research, but at present it could be a hardware issue? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, canary said:

After that I added the last password I used in the word list and it worked but my current password is 12345678

Really sounds like you are using the wrong capture file.  If the new password works when logging into your router then all is good there.  Clear out all your old captures so you can make sure you are selecting the new capture after doing so.  Depending on what you are using to capture handshakes the filenames can be very similar and easy to get mixed up when having multiple captures from the same MAC address. 

1 hour ago, trapman16 said:

Really sounds like you are using the wrong capture file.  If the new password works when logging into your router then all is good there.  Clear out all your old captures so you can make sure you are selecting the new capture after doing so.  Depending on what you are using to capture handshakes the filenames can be very similar and easy to get mixed up when having multiple captures from the same MAC address. 

Thanks for your attention, but it would be simple. I re-name all captured files before saving, so it is not that possible.

Archived