New WiFi Pineapple soon?

manth1s

Hello,

I presently own the mark v and was thinking about buying the nano. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that the device is 3 years old and I’m afraid a new version would be released anytime soon. Do someone know if a new pineapple WiFi is about to be sold?

Best,

Edited by manth1s

Short answer I have no information.

However, the tetra currently supports 2.4 and 5ghz wifi. So barring a radical change in the frequency plan from the FCC, the old product only needs software updates currently available via ssh. I feel confident that Hak5 has perfected the tool to where they want it and have moved on to other projects. Even WPA3 (available in 2018, lol) is just a software update away from being available on dumb radios.

• Like 1

get a tetra, the nano is a smaller version of the mark 5 with a new interface.  Tetra has the power and the radios, its an upgrade for sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, b0N3z said:

get a tetra, the nano is a smaller version of the mark 5 with a new interface.  Tetra has the power and the radios, its an upgrade for sure.

Hi,

So, I take it that the rumours on the new Pine Nano being released are unfounded😊

Cheers 😎

On 6/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, b0N3z said:

If I were to trust any one in this thread, it would be this guy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forkish said:

If I were to trust any one in this thread, it would be this guy.

Forkish, 

I could not agree more. He is always on the money when it comes to providing excellent advice and guidance at many different levels. Over 1,400 posts🔥🔥🔥, I am sure he knows what he is talking about. He certainly has enlightened me during the perusal of his posts. To be fair, there are many great guys on here and Hak5 are never short of getting back to you with specific details if and when needed.

Cheers 😎

• Like 1