Tetra support issues

KyleZPirate

So, I have been having some issues with my Tetra. I am about 90% sure its failed or malfunctioning internal hardware (boot loop when powered through USB), so I created a support claim. I received a confirmation email shortly after creating the ticket advising me that the claim was being looped through product support. That was a little over a week ago, I have replied to the email several times inquiring on the status with no response. I am just curious what sort of experience everyone else has had with support for the Hak5 devices. I had heard good things from a coworker, but have had a less than fantastic experience thus far. Not trying to drag anyone through the mud,  just trying to get some answers. Thanks!

I am having the same issues as you are. My pineapple only works with 12v power cord plugged into outlet. Kind of disjointed because their marketing material said that it was able to be powered from the battery pack via USB and I have been unable to do so.

I have a 12v 2amp usb cable I arriving tomorrow and I will be testing to see if it works with the battery pack they said was capable of powering the pineapple.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:44 PM, 1A4 said:

I am having the same issues as you are. My pineapple only works with 12v power cord plugged into outlet. Kind of disjointed because their marketing material said that it was able to be powered from the battery pack via USB and I have been unable to do so.

I have a 12v 2amp usb cable I arriving tomorrow and I will be testing to see if it works with the battery pack they said was capable of powering the pineapple.

I fixed my issue by purchasing a  usb to12v 2a cable which operates as expected with the provided battery pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Having the same issues - both with the unit rebooting, and with getting support. It's been a few weeks now and nothing more than the original acknowledgment.  Just wanting a resolution on a device that reboots after 10 minutes, reboots or freezes the moment I enable PineAP, and reboots or freezes on pretty much any module I try to run. Running 2.5.4 but rolled back to original and even tried several mid-cycle versions folks here on the forum had better luck with.  Bottom line, without 12v power, it's in a constant boot loop, and with power, it seems to run about 10 minutes as long as you don't actually try to use it for anything. Just hoping to get some direction from support...

• 1 month later...

I have the same support(lessness) problem. I have filled out support claim for a hardware issue twice in May and June. I have received two emails clearly by a bot. No response or update since. Seriously disappointed. 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:44 PM, 1A4 said:

Kind of disjointed because their marketing material said that it was able to be powered from the battery pack via USB and I have been unable to do so. 

You are not using both USB A plugs of the y-Cable.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471754-Power-Considerations

Same.. My support ticket got "product support" looped in early on, and no response since.

I am using 12v Power with the included adapter.  I don't have a need for USB power (yet), but the unit Reboots any time it tries to transmit.  PineAP is pretty useless, so this is a 'monitor only' unit.  Two months, no support.. 

Archived