router haks

ae3erdion

I would like to know your ideas on what to do to a router to gain access and persistence on the network even when you leave the network. I was thinking in redirect the access of one site to a fake site that I control to infect every machine that connect to that network.   

• 2 weeks later...

If you uses dns spoof well and know what are you doing i'm sure you will have what you want. 

This the main thing i do and of course you can go with the basic things like sslstrip then capture packages but you won't be able to capture phone's app data. 

There is another thing i used to do long time ago but i don't know if it still working i was able to gain access to facebook account (or other accounts)  of the devices thag are connected to the same network with me. It was very easy that i didn't even need a laptop nor wifi adapter just my rooted android phone with droidsheep app installed on it and with just a click you are in.

Note ( worked for me on android kitkat but when i upgraded to lollipop it stoped working because of a new security added to the lollipop and i don't  know if the next Android versions work or not) 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:26 PM, Joe2525 said:

If you uses dns spoof well and know what are you doing i'm sure you will have what you want. 

This the main thing i do and of course you can go with the basic things like sslstrip then capture packages but you won't be able to capture phone's app data. 

There is another thing i used to do long time ago but i don't know if it still working i was able to gain access to facebook account (or other accounts)  of the devices thag are connected to the same network with me. It was very easy that i didn't even need a laptop nor wifi adapter just my rooted android phone with droidsheep app installed on it and with just a click you are in.

Note ( worked for me on android kitkat but when i upgraded to lollipop it stoped working because of a new security added to the lollipop and i don't  know if the next Android versions work or not) 

Pretty sure those exploits stopped working four or five years ago.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, barry99705 said:

Pretty sure those exploits stopped working four or five years ago.

Well, the exploits you're thinking of, anyway.

On 7/2/2018 at 8:16 AM, ae3erdion said:

I would like to know your ideas on what to do to a router to gain access and persistence on the network even when you leave the network. I was thinking in redirect the access of one site to a fake site that I control to infect every machine that connect to that network.   

Tell the router to accept VPN connections based on their IP or whatever? That's provided the router can do VPN.