Pineapple 2.1.0 Mac Address Change Bug

Baron

Whenever I go into the Network tab and try to set a new MAC or Set Random MAC the radio that I try to change shuts off and becomes unusable. I have waited for them to become usable for up to 5 hours with no success, it doesn't matter if I do just one at a time or all of them, and doesn't matter how patient I am. And once this happens they are permanently unusable unless I preform a factory reset, which I've done several times.

And I've also performed one Firmware Recovery, to no avail.

Any ideas of what I can do?

15 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Hi,

Does the radio come back if you do the following over SSH:

wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless
wifi

Brilliant, I can confirm that it does indeed bring it back online, this saves me one massive headache. Thank you for your help ?

I assume this is not supposed to happen, this never happened to me in 2.0.1. Regardless, thanks again ?

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

Brilliant, I can confirm that it does indeed bring it back online, this saves me one massive headache. Thank you for your help ?

I assume this is not supposed to happen, this never happened to me in 2.0.1. Regardless, thanks again ?

Update: This indeed does bring everything back in working order, but after doing it the mac address goes back to what it was previously.

Archived