apt-get update error, ping error

Harold Finch

You need to share your Internet connection with your bunny.

From Bash Bunny Documentation https://www.hak5.org/gear/bash-bunny/docs

``Sharing an Internet connection from Windows.

1. Configure a payload.txt for ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET
  2. Boot Bash Bunny from RNDIS_ETHERNET configured payload on the host Windows PC
  3. Open Control Panel > Network Connections (Start > Run > “ncpa.cpl” > Enter)
  4. Identify Bash Bunny interface. Device name: “USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget”
  5. Right-click Internet interface (e.g. Wi-Fi) and click Properties.
  6. From the Sharing tab, check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”, select the Bash Bunny from the Home networking connection list (e.g. Ethernet 2) and click OK.
  7. Right-click Bash Bunny interface (e.g. Ethenet 2) and click Properties.
  8. Select TCP/IPv4 and click Properties.
  9. Set the IP address to 172.16.64.64. Leave Subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and click OK on both properties windows. Internet Connection Sharing is complete

``

1 minute ago, Just_a_User said:

Have you tried re-reading the documentation  https://www.hak5.org/gear/bash-bunny/docs  scroll down to Internet connection section, extend the part for your OS and follow instructions.

I did it (on switch 1 mode). And then, I plugged out it, swtiched mode to Armed Mode and plugged in for connecting with Putty. I connected and logged in with default login and password. But, the same problem continues...

1 minute ago, Harold Finch said:

But, the same problem continues...

Are you sure you read and understood the instructions? :)

For debian it suggests using the bb.sh script. You haven't mentioned using that in your posts.

45 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

for android hacking. I want to download android-adb-tools to bashbunny. But, I cant connect debian to  internet in putty.

:) I understand what you want to do once you have Internet access on the bashbunny. To do that you need to set up Internet connection sharing.

Let me break it down for you: -

1.Connect Debian PC to Internet using wifi or Ethernet.

2. Download the bb.sh script (on your Debian box) and run it following the on screen instructions

3. when instructed plug in the bashbunny, then click connect option

4. ssh t obunny and check it has internet access. then apt-get install adb etc...

Unless your using windows????

4 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

:) I understand what you want to do once you have Internet access on the bashbunny. To do that you need to set up Internet connection sharing.

Let me break it down for you: -

1.Connect Debian PC to Internet using wifi or Ethernet.

2. Download the bb.sh script (on your Debian box) and run it following the on screen instructions

3. when instructed plug in the bashbunny, then click connect option

4. ssh t obunny and check it has internet access. then apt-get install adb etc...

Unless your using windows????

I'm using Windows, now. On arming mode, I can open debian (in putty). But, in this mode, I cant share internet to bashbunny.. For sharing the internet, I must to change mode to switch mode. Then I can configure and share internet vs bash bunny.... But  now I cant to connect bash bunny vs putty. Cause in this mode I cant see port number.

Can you do it vs team viewer on my computer?

12 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

Can you do it vs team viewer on my computer?

i don't recommend doing that with people you dont know. :)

12 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

I'm using Windows, now. On arming mode, I can open debian (in putty). But, in this mode, I cant share internet to bashbunny.. For sharing the internet, I must to change mode to switch mode. Then I can configure and share internet vs bash bunny.... But  now I cant to connect bash bunny vs putty. Cause in this mode I cant see port number.

Aare you saying when the bashbunny is in rndis ethernet mode your windows machine does not detec the bashbunny as a network interface?

If it detects the bashbunny as a network interface you need to setup internet connection shareing to it - following the (windows) instructions you have been given or the wiki.

If the device isnt not showing up in windows as a network adapter check your payload is using rndis ethernet mode, then see if there is an unknown device in device manager, if so delete it and try plugging it in again so windows correctly installs the driiver again.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, Just_a_User said:

i don't recommend doing that with people you dont know. :)

Aare you saying when the bashbunny is in rndis ethernet mode your windows machine does not detec the bashbunny as a network interface?

If it detects the bashbunny as a network interface you need to setup internet connection shareing to it - following the (windows) instructions you have been given or the wiki.

If the device isnt not showing up in windows as a network adapter check your payload is using rndis ethernet mode, then see if there is an unknown device in device manager, if so delete it and try plugging it in again so windows correctly installs the driiver again.

The bashbunny in switch mode 1...    Internet sharing is OK.  But, there is no any port for connect vs putty to bash bunny..

OK it seems your perhaps confused with serial and ssh access, both can be done with putty i believe. When in arming mode you usually use serial access to a com port - with ssh you set up a different session to the bashbunny using its ip address and port 22.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, Just_a_User said:

OK it seems your perhaps confused with serial and ssh access, both can be done with putty i believe. When in arming mode you usually use serial access to a com port - with ssh you set up a different session to the bashbunny using its ip address and port 22.

its switch mode 1.  (payload RNDIS)    172.16.64.10

Pretty sure its a windows issue, its always causing shenanigans :) Maybe try disconnecting/reconnecting bashbunny, pray to the windows gods, check the weather, throw spices over your left shoulder & last resort, sacrifice a chicken!

Looks like the bunny itself is fine and working.

Archived