WiFi Pineapple Board ported to LEDE-17.01

Cybertronic

Hey guys.

I was bored and curious, so I ported the board to the current version of LEDE. Everything mostly works just fine. However a lot of the pineapple specific stuff needs to be re-compiled, and the API's need to be updated to the current syntax of wifi/uci and some others (since its not part of the open source parts, I cant really do much there) Willing to hand over my source so we can have a more current version running on this thing. (It feels quite snappy) Running on Kernel 4.4.110. Some one from Hak5 contact me if interested. (BTW, I'm not interested in $$ or anything, just having fun, and want to help out.) My TETRA comes this week, so I'll verify everything on there too.

Cheers!

Good work Cybertronic! 

When LEDE forked off of OpenWrt, I was convinced that LEDE was the way to go. I ported the firmware, but it wasn't stable enough at the time (as it forked off the bleeding edge). 

Since then, I have kept our LEDE branch updated and it runs much better now. We are also currently working on pushing our device specific code upstream as soon as possible.

That said, we have decided to hold off on switching to LEDE until the OpenWrt / LEDE re-merger is complete and a new stable OpenWrt  release is out. 

If the re-merger takes too long (lots of politics at play), we'll probably end up moving to LEDE anyway, as OpenWrt will make use of the current LEDE source (with a re-brand).

I've been tinkering with exactly the same myself ALOT, to upgrade the kernel in hopes of fixing a rather huge bug, but i haven't gotten it done yet as i've been quite busy.
There were so many "collisions" when i tried to merge the openwrt-pineapple-tetra repo. with the LEDE repo! :o
Would you mind sharing the source with me? It'd make my day!  My email is: adde88@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2018 at 4:11 PM, Zylla said:

I've been tinkering with exactly the same myself ALOT, to upgrade the kernel in hopes of fixing a rather huge bug, but i haven't gotten it done yet as i've been quite busy.
There were so many "collisions" when i tried to merge the openwrt-pineapple-tetra repo. with the LEDE repo! :o
Would you mind sharing the source with me? It'd make my day!  My email is: adde88@gmail.com

Which bug?

1 hour ago, PixL said:

Which bug?

Me and several other people are experiencing this issue, across all the firmware-updates so far. (3.18.x) on the nano.
Forcing us to mount a usb-memory stick as the /sd directory, to get the nano functional.

The only similar incident i could find that could relate to it was this: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/777
Which happened for a Raspberry Pi user, BUT he was running the same kernel "version" (3.18.x).

This led me to believe that there's a bug somewhere within this kernel version we're running.

Archived