SIOCDELRT: no such process HELP

cameron2232

So I have my wifi pineapple set up and everything, I need to install wp6.sh for wifi sharing. So I do the command wget wifipineapple.com/wp6.sh. It installs I do the chmod +x wp6.sh, then I ran the application ./wp6.sh. It comes up with a menu for many options. I do guided install then it tells me y/n for 3 things I do y for all of them. Then I hit c to continue with current settings. It says travel to the website for wifi pineapple. But up above it says this SIOCDELRT: no such process and right below it says, eth0: Unknown host

I am running on kali linux.

thx, Cameron 

ps, the bulletins don't load.

ok instead of doing that try setting the gateway to 172.16.42.1 as im persuming that using the wr6 script your trying to share your connection through your kali box

even doing guided you should still be presented with a gateway but when i did it, it set mine to the gateway of my home router which didnt work

ok lets establish some things first :)

how is your nano connected to your laptop

is kali a vm or installed os

does your kali os have internet access

then we will go from there :)

Just now, hackabus said:

ok lets establish some things first :)

how is your nano connected to your laptop

is kali a vm or installed os

does your kali os have internet access

then we will go from there :)

Ok

My nano is connected to my laptop with the two male cables from hak5, aka the 1 cable turns into 2 at the end.

Kali is a vm on oracle vb

Yes, most of the time it has internet, sometimes I have to restart the vm to have it work.

ok first off i hate vm's lol such a pain in the ass :) no worries tho

ok so in order for your nano to show bulletins it will be obtaining internet via your laptop not via its own ariels being as you are using the wr6 script if i remember rightly, so if your internet on your kali machine is problematic your nano will not get internet, im sure this is how it works,

victim -- nano -- kali -- internet

this making your nano just an AP for victim connection, then the internet is provided via your laptop which is also where your mitm attacks will take place

maybe someone could jump in and lend a hand :) @Just_a_User

2 minutes ago, hackabus said:

ok first off i hate vm's lol such a pain in the ass :) no worries tho

ok so in order for your nano to show bulletins it will be obtaining internet via your laptop not via its own ariels being as you are using the wr6 script if i remember rightly, so if your internet on your kali machine is problematic your nano will not get internet, im sure this is how it works,

victim -- nano -- kali -- internet

this making your nano just an AP for victim connection, then the internet is provided via your laptop which is also where your mitm attacks will take place

maybe someone could jump in and lend a hand :) @Just_a_User

Ok so is my objective to fix the internet in my vm? if im correct?

you could always run kali as a live usb instead of a VM which would be better, if not id give vmware a try as ive had less networking issues with vmware over virtualbox

1 minute ago, hackabus said:

you could always run kali as a live usb instead of a VM which would be better, if not id give vmware a try as ive had less networking issues with vmware over virtualbox

ok, Will try. I just restarted my vb and the same error as before showed up.

So what do you mean by live usb? does that mean I plug it in and I boot from a flash drive?

If so I like the idea its just hmm I dont think I have a large enough usb. I could try vm, but it costs money correct?

vmware is actually free i think its called vmware viewer, and yes boot from usb, would need to be 4gb, you may have to manually set gateway to get rid of error untill this issue with connection is resolved

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

The script will output the kernels routing table when you run the guided mode. You must choose the gateway with internet access from that list (Assuming your VM does have internet access).

Screenshot from 2018-01-06 16-10-04.png

Thank you! But the problem is now my vm does not have wifi....

10 minutes ago, cameron2232 said:

Thank you! But the problem is now my vm does not have wifi....

10 minutes ago, cameron2232 said:

Probably not, I have connection on nat

You don't need WiFi... You just need a gateway with Internet access. Set up networking in your VM and you will have that.

Archived