No infusions available at Pineapple Bar

fercato

Not to double post, but I just bought this hardware in an unopened box completely unused, and to have a piece of networking hardware that's completely useless after support has been EOLed is fairly unprecedented. There has to be a way to make this usable. The hardware is fine.

sorry to tell you this, but I asked this almost a two years ago and no answers. Nobody is asking to support the webservers and renew certificates, but at least provide some documentation to install infusions by hand. So, it should be a way to do it by hand, but I didn't have time to research and test because of the work. It's a shame, because now I have to use a raspberry pi with and extra wireless card, which costed me $50. I paid $100 for the Mark V by that time, and now there is now way to use it because of this. I'm really angry with this policy, it is just not acceptable.

Sorry I can't help you. I did a lot of research by that time, then I just quitted.

I hope Hak5 evaluate what is happening with the products they are selling. As you say, is a complete useless hardware now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all - I understand the desire to use the infusions from the WiFi Pineapple Mark V era. As Seb has previously pointed out, unfortunately the older devices are no longer capable of securely downloading these infusions over the air from our infrastructure. That being said, all of the modules/infusions may be manually installed to either local of SD storage with ease. To that effect I have published the following article on docs.hak5.org -

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360023458173

Happy hacking!

• 2 weeks later...

big thanks to darren .. 🙏🏻 but i seems cant get thetering on my android from 4.2.2 or android 7.1 but the internet seems to connect, thats causing me to fail extract the infusions to sdcard. Sorry seems tobe so noob, any help ? big big tnx

• 1 month later...

Phew thank goodness for the manual install, I rarely use my pineapple but when I do I invariably always end up factory resetting it due to forgotten passwords thanks Darren for providing the infusions for manual installation.

I'm wondering if simply upgrading the openssl libraries on the underlying operating system should be enough to get this working again with firmware v2.4. not played too much with openwrt, but curious.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived