Nmap the pineapple network

Onus

I have not played with my pineapple in a while but fired her up this morning and got two clients almost immediately.  I have it running connected to my linux box, and with bettercap running on the linux box pointing to the interface, eth1 with a gateway of 172.16.42.1 .  Bettercap can see the two clients, but when i run zenmap it only sees the 172.16.42.1 and 172.16.42.42  it will not see any of the clients.  I have then connected a machine to the the locked(authenticated) pineapple AP it's self and i can that pc, but not any of the victem clients. 

Does the pineapple prevent this type of scan?  i have tried downloading the nmap module but it won't install its dependencies for some reason..

I don't know shit but this forum doesn't make me want to scrub my computer down everytime I lay down for bed; so I stick around.

I would surmise that that the your linux box ia connected to the pineapple's wan port, which would filter out 'stuff' poking around inside your pineapples lan.  

i.e. When you daisy chain routers lan to wan, the upstream routers [generally] can't see lan clients beneath them but the tail end ones can prod around all happy as a pig in shit.

if you connect your bettercap box as a client or better yet, logged into your wlan1_0 AP and then see what happens.

Again, You may as well be listening to that drunk at the bar who doesn't get that you're faced away for a reason. Hell, I don't even know what bettercap is. I can only assume it's a better version of ettercap; which I only know as 'that other module that fucks my network up'.

Yeah.. never had much luck with ettercap so went with something better ;) it's great.. yeah I tried connecting to the secured AP as well even tried running the scan from different interfaces... Can only detect the gateway and any computer directly connected to the pine AP.

Oh well 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Onus said:

Found it buggy

Have you tried running it from the command line? I've had great success with nmap over SSH. You can SSH from your connected PC and do it that way as well. I also use JuiceSSH on my Pixel XL and it works pretty well.

Edited by Decoy

6 minutes ago, Onus said:

I have not tried that.. wonder if responder works better that way as well, and maybe I can install bettercap that way.. :) 

I'm in the process of writing a module/web front end for besside-ng. I haven't gone too crazy, but I've seen people doing some really cool things with the Pineapple from the command line.

How can I install git and responder and such via the terminal/ssh. I tried apt-get only to realize I don't have that.. :/ the responder that comes in module doesn't seem up to date..  

1 hour ago, Onus said:

How can I install git and responder and such via the terminal/ssh. I tried apt-get only to realize I don't have that.. :/ the responder that comes in module doesn't seem up to date..  

example: -

opkg update

opkg install git-http

Edited by Just_a_User